Sponsored

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I already ordered mine at the end of last month but when i was shopping around (and i cant speak for other places/cities but here in the Miami area) It took a while before i could even test drive one as they would sell as soon as they would get to the dealer. There is 3 ford dealerships close to me and all 3 are always sold out of them. I would see the rangers posted on their site, id schedule a test drive, and before i could even go see it, it was sold. up until now, that hasn't changed much. If your lucky you might find one or two at some dealerships around here.
I'm in Pinecrest. I'm curious which dealers are you referring to. If GM on S Dixie, I'd avoid that dealership like the plague. Short story, said they'd honor X-Plan over the phone, got me to come in on a Saturday to place the order, then some guy claiming to be their Fleet Manager refused to process the order. Whether he was their FM, or some other salesman trying to jerk my chain I don't know. Its their privilege not to take a X-Plan order, my privilege to never buy another vehicle from them again and to tell others of a real life event. I placed my order thru Plantation Ford.

Kyre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Lariat
I live in the SF bay area and was watching the online inventory of several local dealers for a couple of weeks. Their inventory was changing daily. I just checked one dealership that I had been looking at and they show several rangers but all are marked "Dealer Ordered". That seemed to be the case of most of the dealerships in my area when I was looking. They were selling them fairly fast. Ended up purchasing one a week ago Saturday.

Again, bay area might be a good target demographic. Lots of commuting, traffic, smaller more manageable pickup for an urban environment. I myself like the F150 but it was too big to be a daily driver.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My local dealer is selling every truck that comes in. I had to travel 168 miles to get mine.

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota lost a sale with me. I was originally going to upgrade my current Tacoma to another one but the Ranger is a better vehicle and value with my Lariat supercrew going for $35k.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
My frustrations is that the Rangers around me are ALL 2WD. I need a well equipped 4WD (NOT in Black)

I'll wait till the 2020s or later.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I have been watching the dealer I leased my F-150 from since the Ranger hit their lot end of January. This is a high volume dealer that usually has 125-150 F-150's on their lot. Their first 4 Rangers did not move for 6 weeks. Now they are all gone and their mix is getting more diverse with XL, XLT and Lariat's, with Scab and Screw trucks coming and going. The first 4 were all well equipped $40-$45k trucks. I would say that judging by their online inventory they have sold maybe 10 Rangers. They may have sold several more to customer ordered units. They are showing about a $750-$1,200 dealer discount on the trucks $40k and above. They didn't list anything those first 6 weeks. I will be considering another F-150 or Ranger end of summer. To me, I would need to get an XLT Screw 4x4 Sport that stickers around $38k for closer to $35k to buy the Ranger over the F-150 Scab that I can get for about $35k. As much as I want a 4 door truck and prefer the just right size of a mid size, I can't bring myself to paying more for less.

Robert Manikowski

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150 Lariat

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
March Sales:

Silverado.........42,891
Sierra...............16,412
Colorado...........14,941
Canyon..............3,066

F series.............86,497
Ranger................4,369

Ram pickup.......45,187

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I was on the fence deciding between the F150 and Ranger for awhile. The deciding factor for me was parking spaces seem to keep getting smaller, plus I have a friend with an F150 and watching him park made me decide Ranger.

Another factor was I have owned a 2010 Tacoma for 8 years. For me a mid size truck works well. I've owned a Ranger Lariat for 2 days now and am amazed at the power and MPG compared to my Tacoma with the 2.7 and 5 speed.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger and F150 are two very different animals. I paid $40K for my Ranger. No way would I buy even an F150 Lariat for less.
The F150 is just too big. We like parking in the garage. F150 won't fit. Apples and oranges. Not everyone wants a full size pick up at any price.

I came from Tacoma so the mid-size is perfect for me. Toyota has dropped the ball on the Tacoma as far as I am concerned.

Max

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer
I'm in Pinecrest. I'm curious which dealers are you referring to. If GM on S Dixie, I'd avoid that dealership like the plague. Short story, said they'd honor X-Plan over the phone, got me to come in on a Saturday to place the order, then some guy claiming to be their Fleet Manager refused to process the order. Whether he was their FM, or some other salesman trying to jerk my chain I don't know. Its their privilege not to take a X-Plan order, my privilege to never buy another vehicle from them again and to tell others of a real life event. I placed my order thru Plantation Ford.
I went to sawgrass ford, plantation ford, and fort lauderdale ford as i live in plantation. same thing happened with some in miami but i didnt make the drive down. Ended up just ordering one from plantation ford and they did give me a discount of about $1,000. They have also been on top of the trucks status throughout the whole process and kept me up to date. should be picking it up next week. :party: