Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for posting about XPlan Pricing thanks to this thread I just save a lot of $$$$ going the Mustang Owners Club route!

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for posting about XPlan Pricing thanks to this thread I just save a lot of $$$$ going the Mustang Owners Club route!
Great! And you don’t have to do the old school back and forth negotiating either.

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
Great! And you don’t have to do the old school back and forth negotiating either.
The fastest process to buy a car I have ever been through, literally took 4 emails and 1 hour at the dealership.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
This is a quote (Feb. 24 Forum) from the current MCA president regarding X Plan pricing:

"One additional note about the 60 day requirement and it can be confusing. it says For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership. You have to have at least a 60 day membership remaining. Example would be if your membership is about to expire say in 45 days, they do not have to give you the X plan. Many dealers mis-interpret this to mean you have been a member for at least 60 days. That isn't the correct interpretation. As long as the expiration date on you card is 60 days or greater away, you meet the X plan requirement."

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
Just be upfront tell them your using x plan do they honor it? Their response will tell you and then do what you need to do. Don't haggle with them just walk.

Shaggy1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 DCLB Tacoma
If I get an MCA membership for the X-plan pricing, can the wife use it for her new purchase also? Or does she need a membership?

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
If I get an MCA membership for the X-plan pricing, can the wife use it for her new purchase also? Or does she need a membership?
Eligibility for Members in your household

When generating a PIN for an eligible member of your household, the PIN must be generated in name of the household member, which will appear on the vehicle title. In addition to the above documentation, the dealership must retain copies of the driver's licenses for both you and eligible member of your household, in order to verify residence of the same household.

1. Your driver's license
  2. The driver's license of the eligible member of your household

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I joined the MCA and generated a PIN today. Logged in as XPlan, brought up my saved "build" and the base (without accessories, added packages and dest) for a 4x4 Lariat was about 3.6% less with XPlan. Accessories priced out about 5% less. Also have in play a $500 incentive via the Farm Bureau and $750 "Bonus Cash" from a test drive at the Chicago Auto Show. I have talked to the dealer in general about these but don't know exactly if you can use more than one. XPlan of course comes off MSRP. We'll see - stay tuned.

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
I joined the MCA and generated a PIN today. Logged in as XPlan, brought up my saved "build" and the base (without accessories, added packages and dest) for a 4x4 Lariat was about 3.6% less with XPlan. Accessories priced out about 5% less. Also have in play a $500 incentive via the Farm Bureau and $750 "Bonus Cash" from a test drive at the Chicago Auto Show. I have talked to the dealer in general about these but don't know exactly if you can use more than one. XPlan of course comes off MSRP. We'll see - stay tuned.
I was able to use X-Plan and First Responder $500 discount together without issue.

Ranger in Maine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 1965 VW Bus,
Occupation
Curmudgeon (retired)
I put in an order with my dealer about 2 weeks ago before I knew about the X plan. I have not signed anything as I'm on an extended vacation in California. I did send in a $500 check. If I join the MCA today am I still eligible for the X plan price?

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I put in an order with my dealer about 2 weeks ago before I knew about the X plan. I have not signed anything as I'm on an extended vacation in California. I did send in a $500 check. If I join the MCA today am I still eligible for the X plan price?
Yes, there was some initial confusion about eligibility regarding MCA and X plan, however you should be eligible as soon as you receive your membership card (2-3 weeks).

Make sure you ask your dealer if they accept X plan, as not all dealers do.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
2 questions:
I'm having trouble with my math and matching the above example. Do you multiply the invoice price by .004 and then add the $275?

In the application, it says "shareholder" and not "corporations and partnerships etc." I just recently created a trust and am the sole Trustee and had my shares transferred to the Trust. Will they treat this situation differently than an individual? The ownership says John Doe Trustee of John Doe Living Trust. Thanks in advance.
I'm sure if you can show the path the shares took (and they always belonged to you) then the transfer should not matter. Just note it in your letter to them and include the last 6 months of statements. You should be fine. It was a very easy process for me and they are super helpful.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
So I am very naive about this but I did MCA and it took about 2-3 weeks to get the pin but the pin worked immediately. The dealer has to use the pin to get the pricing. My approach would be to be upfront with original dealer and request re-pricing. There are other dealers and I'd see if they have cashed the check. My X-Plan price was about $1300 off basic and about 5% off accessories - running boards etc.
Sponsored