Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has all 4 stops, i think i missed the cutoff by a day or something. Although, if I close the back seat with my hand right where the latch is, it closes fine. I'll be leaving that 4th rubber stop on there.
Sponsored

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Mine came from the factory with 3. It was built in Dec 2018. Once i realized i didn't have to hold the release strap, silly me, i only had to apply slight force to get the seat back to latch.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My truck is going in Weds for a couple of things. This is one. Another is the rear seat armrest doesn't come down. The pull thingie wasn't connected to anything. When I went to gently pull it, it slipped right out. I can't bring down the armrest using my hand. I assume the cloth pull strip must release something for the armrest to come down.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer adjusted the latch and it latches fine. My rear seat armrest issue wasn't fixed. Needs parts which are on order.

RobF8GT

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW F800GT, 2017 Ford Fusion 2.7L sport. 2019 Ranger , Lariat, sport, FX4, Lightning Blue ordered.
Occupation
Commercial Transport Mechanic
There is a SSM for the rear seat not latching.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There is a SSM for the rear seat not latching.
Correct.
The service advisor said they adjusted the latch but when I checked how it closed, I see a rubber bumper of the middle passenger side is gone. Still takes a little effort to latch but nothing near the slamming it took before the service visit.

Last edited:

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
***2/6/2019 Update*** Solved, Ford Recommends Removing 1 Rubber Stop (Passenger Inboard)

Anyone else have this problem? The latch seems to function o.k. when I engage it with my finger when the seat back is pushed forward. However, I just get a metal on metal sound when I try to latch it back upright. There is a rubber piece next to the latch that seems like it's there to dampen the impact of the latch hitting the catch attached to the rear panel, but it seem like it's not giving way / flexing enough to let the latch spring around the catch. I've tried to slam it pretty hard and I just get a metal thud.
Mine did that .. so I fiddle with latch mechanism with my finger .. reset it it to proper position .. problem solved

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Same here. I got my Lariat Friday and noticed it was not latched. I think there is a TSB already, but I cannot find info on what they will do to fix it.

Anyone else fully resolve this issue yet? The latch works fine with my fingers. It just doesn't engage correctly to latch. Removing the middle bumper might work for me too, but we shouldn't have to do that. They need to figure out what to change on the hook to get it to line up.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Thank you! It's not cool how Ford is dealing with the latch issue. The SSM says don't try to claim this as warranty and also says to just remove the bumper by the latch, if you have the 4th bumper. Mine only has 3 and I still have the issue - build date 02/19. I'm going to try the washer trick and maybe shave down the other bumpers. this is disappointing. :(

This should be a TSB as it relates to safety for back seat passengers. I would think if you have people back there and the back seat is unsecured, it would be a hazard in a vehicle crash Just hope the seat belts hold up I guess.

DarkRelms

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger xl SXT package
i did a 3d print for a spacer for mine goin to install it today

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew
i did a 3d print for a spacer for mine goin to install it today
How did the part work out?

My April '19 built truck came with only the 3 bumpers, but latching the seat is still a pain in the but. The dealer "wasn't worried about it" when i brought it up.... Even though they had to slam it so hard the back of the cab was bowing out.
Sponsored