Sponsored

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
I've had many with leather but specifically wanted cloth in this one. Leather is just not as comfortable to me anymore. Seats appear very comfortable and adjusted position is comfortable. I'll know more about for the long ride next week, gonna make about a 1200 mile lap through Big Bend.
Ah, that's a good trip to know if the seats are good.
I'll be investigating how to put a cooling fan(s) under the seat, because it gets too darn hot here in soAZ. I have time though, will likely be ordering a 2020.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Need to ask, you have the Saber color. Does it darken at night vs day? Do you ever think it's too orange?
It is definetly lighter and brighter in the sunlight and a little more toned down at night. At no point does it give on any neon blind you with brightness effects. And orange is my favorite color so I'm probably not the guy to ask if it's "too orange".
I dig it, and it gets a lot of looks/compliments. But I've seen a lightning blue in person and it was absolutely beautiful.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 that I just sold 4 days ago. Not one issue needed fixing by dealer, and I did not have any other issues to deal with, it was a great truck. There was one recall for my VIN but it did not apply because I did not have the OEM part any longer.

It was just confusing you said "shift cable".
As for the 2019 laundry list of issues, is why I am waiting to order a 2020. My dealer sales guy said he thinks they'll be able to take orders in late June.

I wanted Lariat, but because the leather has no option for cooling seats, so XLT in fabric will probably be it.

For those with fabric seats, does a 4hr drive kill you? Is leather any better?
I also had a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 with 96k miles on it I just sold. It was a good truck but certainly not flawless. It had a frame recall for rusting which they fixed by painting it, the rim paint flaked off, I replaced a catalytic converter, some of the exhaust shielding fell out because of rusty bolts and I replaced exhaust (cat back) because of a leak. My Gen 1 Tacoma was great, my Gen 2 Tacoma was good and I didn't but the Gen 3 because it's uncomfortable and slow.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It's only what the dealer guy said. I have a few dealers to contact and will try and get more info.
If these forums are any indication, most dealers don't have much in the way of accurate info. Many times, the info posted here has been better than what most dealers will tell you.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I was searching for any mention of a miss or stumble around 1400 rpm, 45-50 mph. I didn't find anything and my issue may be premature, don't know just yet with only 500 miles.

When I test drove the truck I did't notice this but now owning it I can feel a slight miss/stumble like the mapping is off a bit. Thought it might be fuel related and still may be, I filled it up today with premium but still have it after a half tank. It also appears more noticable when the auto-start is on...? Not sure why that may have something to do with it at that speed?

Anyway if any of you guys have heard of this before please point me in that direction, again, miles may fix this.

llm.flyfisher

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range crew cab XLT
Are the brakes on all Rangers kind of soft? Like there is some air in the lines that needs bleeding? The brakes in my truck feel soft and I have to push the pedal down quite a bit more than I am used to for good braking power. Just wondering if they are all like this.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are the brakes on all Rangers kind of soft? Like there is some air in the lines that needs bleeding? The brakes in my truck feel soft and I have to push the pedal down quite a bit more than I am used to for good braking power. Just wondering if they are all like this.
Hi Keith,

I too was disappointed with the brake feel.. The old Ranger had superb brakes due to the dual piston calipers and a brake design supervisor that knew his stuff...Tony R. It is my opinion that it is the rubber brake lines to the front calipers, but this is just a hunch. If the aftermarket has braided stainless steel lines, I might be willing to change out the OEM lines to improve the brake feel. The truck stops fine, but the feel is not solid and thus does not inspire confidence, but the more you drive the truck, the more you start to trust the brakes. Wish I had a contact in the brake area at Ford Truck to understand more clearly and I would be curious of the ROW Ranger has the same spongy feel....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

llm.flyfisher

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range crew cab XLT
Thanks Phil, yesterday I had to perform an emergency stop and the brakes were great after the initial travel was taken up first. I will look for some stainless clad brake lines for all calipers and if available will change them out.

Appreciate the in-depth knowledge on the Ranger. Very valuable info.

nname05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger/Mustang
I've tried to research this. I took my truck in for a water leak. I was told the underneath body seams weren't sealed properly and that was causing the water to enter the cab. My truck is now at the body shop. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Sponsored