Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
locktite will eat nylock...
Being a one time use nylon washer it’s pretty useless anyways. The locktite will do the job the nylon can’t. I’d still rather get a new nut from the dealer.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Being a one time use nylon washer it’s pretty useless anyways. The locktite will do the job the nylon can’t. I’d still rather get a new nut from the dealer.
Yes, I'd get a new nut and then not locktite it.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

ulev1st

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC FX4 ,2012 F250 Lariat FX4, 2017 Shelby GT350, 14 Ford Focus
Occupation
Retire Marine and Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Better safe than sorry.. I went to my local Stealership and bought the hardware.. being the STEALERSHIP they are.. they of course tried to charge me more than they are listed for on line.. I had taken a pic of the pages with prices and he gave them to me for the advertised price.
Changed them out in the driveway without pulling the wheels.. as an added step after torqueing I put some "Gorilla Snot" on them.. they ain't gonna move!

Mark me SAFE FROM LOOSE NUTS!

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Heres a good, albeit shaky, video of the process of just removing the alignment bolts on the lower control arm to install a spacer. Some good tips here.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
The Australian rangers have a single through bolt on the bottom of the strut, ours has 2 splined studs; see pic. I don’t think we can do it without removing everything. Correct me if I’m wrong but there won’t be enough clearance to remove the strut with just the tie rod disconnected.

E4DC48F6-EB5E-41EC-BB96-30D76F8DFD1E.jpeg

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Correct me if I’m wrong but there won’t be enough clearance to remove the strut with just the tie rod disconnected.
The idea here is to NOT remove the tie rod, but to actually remove the two bolts that hold the lower control arm to the sub frame. The one through bolt vs two splined studs shouldn't make a difference in getting the shock out, but I guess we won't know till someone tries.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
The idea here is to NOT remove the tie rod, but to actually remove the two bolts that hold the lower control arm to the sub frame. The one through bolt vs two splined studs shouldn't make a difference in getting the shock out, but I guess we won't know till someone tries.
When I was doing mine I considered removing the lower control arm, I decided I didnt want to go that route, it actually seemed like it might have been more of a hassle.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have never had it happen on a vehicle until now, but I have had the Nyloc nuts get loose on machinery before if they are removed and reinstalled.
As a side note, the instructions have your torque set at 32 ft lbs., and you will be able to turn the nut more, even once it’s at proper torque. Don’t over torque and take a chance on over seating the tie rod ball joint. Use a new nut.
If it wouldn’t be an issue I would prefer to drill a small hole and put a cotter key in it and it could never back off unless I wanted it to.
Anyone have a torque spec for the CV retainer nut?

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I haven't touched mine since the install over a week ago and everything is still tight. Probably because I hit everything with my impact when I did it.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Hello everyone, been following on the forums for awhile, first post. There is a lot of good information on here! I have a Lariat FX4 SuperCrew 4X4 White Platinum with Medium Stone interior on order. I also have the RC 2.5" lift kit sitting on the shelf already.

Can someone please post with this picture that is being referred to? I understand I will need W520213 for the tie rod. I am confused if I need the W520215 (HN3) or W520214 (HM1) or both? Please clarify.

Thank you!

OP
OP
DMac

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
5354454A-70C2-43E3-AD63-A1452933B353.png
Wanted to update folks since I opened this can of worms.
I never heard back from Rough Country about whether they were addressing the issue so I called back and the guy on the phone again said it was turned over to the engineers and they weren’t aware I wanted a call back. I told them I did, because this seemed like a big issue.
So I waited another few days and never heard back so I posted a question on their website, and received this somewhat curt reply

OP
OP
DMac

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hello everyone, been following on the forums for awhile, first post. There is a lot of good information on here! I have a Lariat FX4 SuperCrew 4X4 White Platinum with Medium Stone interior on order. I also have the RC 2.5" lift kit sitting on the shelf already.

Can someone please post with this picture that is being referred to? I understand I will need W520213 for the tie rod. I am confused if I need the W520215 (HN3) or W520214 (HM1) or both? Please clarify.

Thank you!
I would replace any Nyloc nut I removed with a new one. They don’t hold torque very well after being removed
Sponsored