Need Wiring Schematics Related To Interior Lighting Activation/Doors

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Working with F150LEDS.com on using one of their bed lighting kits for my Ranger. The key is determining where to tie in to the unlock/lock function that activates the interior lights when the doors are opened and closed. Anyone been down that road yet or have a way to get the wiring schematic? They went through the shop manual PDFs on this site and didn't find the diagrams.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SRAces

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is their instructions for the F-150 installations.

We use the wiring harness/bundle that is located under the door sill in the rear of the truck!
Here is a copy of our running board/bed light kit instructions!
Automatic Running Board/Bed Rails/ Door Sills LED F150 Wire guide
*we recommend checking all connections with a voltage multimeter first to ensure
proper wire selection.
****Use as a guideline only. When in doubt, use a multimeter and probe the wires to be
sure.
F150LEDs is not responsible for any damage to property or person(s).
***Connection points at rear passenger door kick panel. You can use this wire guide
for the door sills or to power LED step lamps , LED bed lights etc etc. It is hot when the
cargo light / interior lights come on and is not door specific. Open any door and the wire is
hot. Close the doors and it'll go cold when the lights go out.
1996-03
Ground - light green & orange
Power - black and light blue
2004-2008
super cab/super crew
Passenger Rear – Black with Light blue wire for power & black for ground
Regular cab or super cab without the overhead rail
Passenger Rear – Light green with orange wire is hot. black is ground.
*if Light green with orange wire not present look for Black with Light blue wire
2009-2010
Power - grey wire w/ violet strip. Black is ground.
Alternative Passenger Rear - White is hot. Black/Yellow is ground.
2011-2012
Alternative Passenger Rear - Solid purple is hot. Black/Yellow is ground.
Alternative Passenger Rear - Thin solid purple is hot. Thin black/yellow is ground.
Alternative Passenger Rear - Thin solid purple is hot. Thin black/yellow is ground.
2015+
Grey w/ violet stripe for power. Black/yellow for ground.
Alternate power options - violet wire or yellow w/ green stripe wire.
Alternate ground wire option is black/white or all black.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Working with F150LEDS.com on using one of their bed lighting kits for my Ranger. The key is determining where to tie in to the unlock/lock function that activates the interior lights when the doors are opened and closed. Anyone been down that road yet or have a way to get the wiring schematic? They went through the shop manual PDFs on this site and didn't find the diagrams.
not quite a wiring schematic, but the guys at ADD Offroad have which wire to tap into for their rock sliders lights listed in their install instructions...

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns....ider-Side-Steps-Installation-Instructions.pdf

OP
OP
SRAces

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Josh,

Thanks for the great help! I will assume those lighted steps come on based on the doors being unlocked or the interior lights coming on.

Steve

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Patiently waiting for same info. Bed LED kit needs to turn on/off with door unlock/lock.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Josh,

Thanks for the great help! I will assume those lighted steps come on based on the doors being unlocked or the interior lights coming on.

Steve
Yep, this wire should be hot when the dome light is on.

OP
OP
SRAces

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Close to pulling the trigger on the F150LEDS.com bed lighting kit. Waiting on them to answer one question for me. Those ADD instructions were a big help. Seems like routing the wires to the cab is the most work. Just basically tapping into the dome light wiring and a common ground wire. Simple enough. Should have them ordered today and will post when I get them installed. Will take pictures on my installation and the steps.

OP
OP
SRAces

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Light kit on it's way. Will take detailed pictures and instructions as well as installed pictures. Should have a "Garage" entry put up by the weekend.

OP
OP
SRAces

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
The detailed pictures and instructions are for F150LEDS.COM as well. They will use my pictures and instructions for their kits.

OP
OP
SRAces

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Just waiting on the F150LEDs bed light kit to come in. Pulled some panels last night and determined where I will run the wiring into the cab. The plan is to hook up the lights so they can be activated in conjunction with the interior lights and also by the cargo light button on the left side of the dash.
Sponsored