BIGGEST REGISTRATION FEE EVER!!!

blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger; 1978 Ford Bronco; 1971 Ford Torino
Washington near Seattle isn't any better, licensing and state/local fees added up to over $600 for just the ranger. Most of that is extra vehicle taxes to pay for mass transit projects. It sucks but hey, roads aren't free right?
Is it different based on where you are in WA? I used to live over by Tri-Cities and I paid ~$85/year for my SUV for new tags.
Sponsored

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer

C2C1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Government
You should move to Missouri. It's only around $50 for two year renewal. Of course, Mo. doesn't have enough money to repair our roads but at least the license fee is cheap.
$50 then the yearly tax fee for owning the truck. Every time the topic comes up with my in laws in McDonald County it amazes me all the taxes MO has.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
$65 a year here in OH, but when I lived in KY they made you pay tax on the value of your vehicle(s) each year, it was ridiculous

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Here in AZ its based of the retail price on your vehicles. my first year on my new tacoma was around 700. and every year is slowly decreased as the value goes down.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Here in AZ its based of the retail price on your vehicles. my first year on my new tacoma was around 700. and every year is slowly decreased as the value goes down.
Ours is the same, it's 120 + 6$ per $1000 over $30K. And they only depreciate it for 4 years at 10% of the secondary fee (the $6/$1000) and whatever it is at the end of 4 years you are stuck with forever.

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flagstaffactionshooters.org
Vehicle(s)
Sold '96 Ford Ranger to get a '19 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I thought MN was high until we moved to AZ.

Two years ago my wife got a new vehicle... sale price was $27,301 and the registration fee was $450.70. AZ charges on value, so when my Ranger comes in, not only will the 10% sales tax (state+county+city) hit like a brick, but the registration fee will hurt too.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Yes and we have very good roads, no potholes, and oh no I am a huge liar. :shock:

Rich Elliott

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Shadow Black 4X4
Occupation
Retired US Navy
Vehicle Showcase
WOW! And I thought California was bad!!
Chris, California IS bad. I just paid over $900.00 for tax and licence two months ago. When I was getting my insurance I found out my next renewal will be over $600.00.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Are y’all talking about your initial fees associated with buying your truck or tag renewal each year?

$1900 for initial tax & fees after purchase.
$100 per year for tag renewal after that which goes down. My wife’s ‘17 Explorer was $85 to renew last year.

(EDIT: In Oklahoma)

Some of y’all are being screwed.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Are y’all talking about your initial fees associated with buying your truck or tag renewal each year?

$1900 for initial tax & fees after purchase.
$100 per year for tag renewal after that which goes down. My wife’s ‘17 Explorer was $85 to renew last year.

(EDIT: In Oklahoma)

Some of y’all are being screwed.
I'm thinking some of their "tags" have property tax built in.

Here in MO the yearly registration/plates fee (~$50) is a completely separate thing from personal property tax (~$500 and depreciating over time)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I thought MN was high until we moved to AZ.

Two years ago my wife got a new vehicle... sale price was $27,301 and the registration fee was $450.70. AZ charges on value, so when my Ranger comes in, not only will the 10% sales tax (state+county+city) hit like a brick, but the registration fee will hurt too.
Coming from TAXachusetts (MA) we had the same high fees but instead of paying when you get your tags you received a bill in the spring call an excise tax. I don't complain about it because at least here in AZ you get something for your money, our roads are great and there's no toll roads.
Unlike MA where there are potholes and cracks everywhere you think you're off roading most times! Also the title here is only $4.00 and reg fee is only 8.25 opposed to $75.00 and $60.00 back in Ma.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Ah, Personal Property Tax...
Paid it in MO when I lived there, use to pay it in GA but it was abolished in favor of paying a big fee when buying a New or Used Vehicle. Other places I lived NY and MA charges license fee based on THEIR determined value of YOUR vehicle
Here in GA yearly Tags are $25 with Specialty Tags and Vanity tags + $50.
Military Retirees get one free (every year) Military Retiree Tag and Disabled Veterans (VA Certified) get Free Disabled Veteran Tag (every year)...

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Ah, Personal Property Tax...
Paid it in MO when I lived there, use to pay it in GA but it was abolished in favor of paying a big fee when buying a New or Used Vehicle. Other places I lived NY and MA charges license fee based on THEIR determined value of YOUR vehicle
Here in GA yearly Tags are $25 with Specialty Tags and Vanity tags + $50.
Military Retirees get one free (every year) Military Retiree Tag and Disabled Veterans (VA Certified) get Free Disabled Veteran Tag (every year)...
In Michigan, you pay sales tax of 6% on your initial purchase in addition to the rest of those BS fees. And when you sell it, the purchaser also pays 6% sales tax on their purchase in addition to those same registration fees before they can plate the vehicle.

Rich Elliott

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Shadow Black 4X4
Occupation
Retired US Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking some of their "tags" have property tax built in.

Here in MO the yearly registration/plates fee (~$50) is a completely separate thing from personal property tax (~$500 and depreciating over time)
No, I’m talking about just my registration for my new Ranger is $600.00 EACH YEAR. If you want a vanity plate it’s another $50.00.
Sponsored