J0shM1lls' Ranger Build Thread!

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Is the intercooler really that big? In the video it looks like its almost 2-3 times larger than the f150 3.5 intercooler. On the f150 its just 10 or so inches tall and the width of the grill.
Sponsored

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Is the intercooler really that big? In the video it looks like its almost 2-3 times larger than the f150 3.5 intercooler. On the f150 its just 10 or so inches tall and the width of the grill.
Yeah its beefy. I haven't seen a F150 CAC to compare it, but its definitely bigger than my RS's lol.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Yeah its beefy. I haven't seen a F150 CAC to compare it, but its definitely bigger than my RS's lol.
Dang thats exciting! I bet it will handle some pretty good levels of boost without getting the hair dryer effect. Hope someone makes a down pipe and rigid charge pipes sometime as I plan to reach the 450hp range..:muscle:

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Hey Josh, been following your build and all of your posts to this forum. Big fan!

Have you decided on a leveling or lift kit yet? Leaning towards any of the new tuners now available? I’m not a big motor head, so look to those that seem to have good sense and skills.

(BTW, lived in Torrance for many years near South High when I was much younger.)

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Josh, been following your build and all of your posts to this forum. Big fan!

Have you decided on a leveling or lift kit yet? Leaning towards any of the new tuners now available? I’m not a big motor head, so look to those that seem to have good sense and skills.

(BTW, lived in Torrance for many years near South High when I was much younger.)
Ha im a south bay kid too. Redondo!

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Why thank you! :D

Yeah I've decided on a lift already, but the unfortunate part is it isn't available yet. I'm holding out for BDS/Fox's 3-3.5" lift kit. They have a prototype already running around and testing and I'm sure they're relatively close to release. One big reason I want to go BDS is they always take into account proper cv angles when releasing kits, so if something's out of whack they'll add a diff drop bracket or something similar to bring things back in to spec. I'd rather not be replacing CVs/Axles if I don't have to. They also have a no BS warranty, if you manage to break something in their kit, they'll replace it no questions asked.

As far as the tuners go, I'm probably going to wait for Mountune to release a tune. They're local to me and I worked a lot with their tuner in my RS sending back and forth datalogs and updates to the tune. Also a lot of Mountune parts are actually sold through Ford Performance so they may even end up having a "Factory Ford Performance" tune that's actually done up by the guys at Mountune. That way you get to at least pretend you still have some kind of powertrain warranty lol. I also had a 5-star tune on my 2013 Raptor and it ran great and never had any issues so if Mountune takes forever, that might also be an option for me.

I live in Gardena now but work in Torrance but its basically a second home heh. The South Bay is a great place to be! (so far no other Rangers out in the wild though :) )

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Why thank you! :D

Yeah I've decided on a lift already, but the unfortunate part is it isn't available yet. I'm holding out for BDS/Fox's 3-3.5" lift kit. They have a prototype already running around and testing and I'm sure they're relatively close to release. One big reason I want to go BDS is they always take into account proper cv angles when releasing kits, so if something's out of whack they'll add a diff drop bracket or something similar to bring things back in to spec. I'd rather not be replacing CVs/Axles if I don't have to. They also have a no BS warranty, if you manage to break something in their kit, they'll replace it no questions asked.

As far as the tuners go, I'm probably going to wait for Mountune to release a tune. They're local to me and I worked a lot with their tuner in my RS sending back and forth datalogs and updates to the tune. Also a lot of Mountune parts are actually sold through Ford Performance so they may even end up having a "Factory Ford Performance" tune that's actually done up by the guys at Mountune. That way you get to at least pretend you still have some kind of powertrain warranty lol. I also had a 5-star tune on my 2013 Raptor and it ran great and never had any issues so if Mountune takes forever, that might also be an option for me.

I live in Gardena now but work in Torrance but its basically a second home heh. The South Bay is a great place to be! (so far no other Rangers out in the wild though :) )
Thanks for your reply. Look forward to learning more about Mountune.

(Did a couple years at El Camino CC.)

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my TVD Vinyl Decals on the tailgate today. They did not disappoint! Updated the first post.
EVA36J4.jpg

Before & After:
HY4s1J7.png

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice, can't wait to have time to do mine

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my TVD Vinyl Decals on the tailgate today. They did not disappoint! Updated the first post.
EVA36J4.jpg

Before & After:
HY4s1J7.png
Those look really nice - is that the matte black or gloss black? I'm thinking it is the gloss black.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes this looks great on your white ranger
Thank you!:D
Those look really nice - is that the matte black or gloss black? I'm thinking it is the gloss black.
Thanks! They're actually matte black but with the high contrast its kind of hard to tell. I'll see if I can get a pic of the 'matteness' later today.:thumbsup:

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)