Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Rav4
Occupation
Firefighter/EMT-B
Hello!
Like most people.. I'm still waiting on my Ranger to come in. :frown: Although I'm curious to know how the Lariat's LED headlights perform at night. Will someone with theirs show how well they look from a driver's point of view? Looking for a picture with the high beams on as well.
Also, do the adaptive high beams work well? And how quickly they go back to normal once another car comes into view.
Thanks in advanced. :blush:
Sponsored

O.p.99

First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hello!
Like most people.. I'm still waiting on my Ranger to come in. :frown: Although I'm curious to know how the Lariat's LED headlights perform at night. Will someone with theirs show how well they look from a driver's point of view? Looking for a picture with the high beams on as well.
Also, do the adaptive high beams work well? And how quickly they go back to normal once another car comes into view.

O.p.99

First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I don't have mine yet either. But I can comment on the Adaptive high beams. I was driving in front of one of a ranger on the way home the other night on the freeway. It seemed like they responded very well to oncoming traffic. The issue was driving in front of it and makes you feel like somebody's flashing their lights at you for a reason. Remind you I wasn't close to the truck probably five to six car lengths away. But it's definitely going to be an odd situation to try to adapt to.

OP
OP
AmandaPanda

AmandaPanda

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Rav4
Occupation
Firefighter/EMT-B
I don't have mine yet either. But I can comment on the Adaptive high beams. I was driving in front of one of a ranger on the way home the other night on the freeway. It seemed like they responded very well to oncoming traffic. The issue was driving in front of it and makes you feel like somebody's flashing their lights at you for a reason. Remind you I wasn't close to the truck probably five to six car lengths away. But it's definitely going to be an odd situation to try to adapt to.
Absolutely! Thank you for your input on that. That does sound interesting haha. Was it rather blinding during those times it was on?

djg1958

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKX
Absolutely! Thank you for your input on that. That does sound interesting haha. Was it rather blinding during those times it was on?
I don't have my Ranger yet but hopefully this week! I have had adaptive high beams on the last couple of Lincoln cross overs that I have leased. I think that they work very well but not perfect. The only issue I have with them is in foggy conditions (they stay on) but that has only happened twice in six years! They work well with on coming traffic & turn off when there is a vehicle in front of you even at a good distance. I believe that they don't work under 25-30 miles per hour.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have my Ranger yet but hopefully this week! I have had adaptive high beams on the last couple of Lincoln cross overs that I have leased. I think that they work very well but not perfect. The only issue I have with them is in foggy conditions (they stay on) but that has only happened twice in six years! They work well with on coming traffic & turn off when there is a vehicle in front of you even at a good distance. I believe that they don't work under 25-30 miles per hour.
I'm assuming you can manually turn them down though, right? We get fog here regularly and that would be annoying if I couldn't turn that off or manually turn them down.

djg1958

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKX
I'm assuming you can manually turn them down though, right? We get fog here regularly and that would be annoying if I couldn't turn that off or manually turn them down.
Yes! You can shut off the adaptive high beams in the menu in the instrument display!

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I turned the adaptive off the day I bought it, I never found switching high to low to be that strenuous a job, lol, maybe I,ll check it out some day.

The headlights I find to be quite good coming from my Frontier. My wifes Rouge has the fancy LEDs as well And I find these to be better. On hers the low beams are nice an bright, but seem to be aimed low, so you dont see too far down the road and need high beams more.

I was never a huge user of high beams any way, but I find the Ranger to be quite good on lows and light up the world bright on highs, great side visibility as well.

If I remember I,ll try to get a pic on my way to work tomorrow morning.

Five56

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2001 Mustang GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine for about a month, I'd say the lights are comparable to my HIDs on my BMW, I find them to work very well, and I live in an unlighted woodsy area... I leave the adaptive on, it's kind of neat, and generally works well, pretty much 100% will turn off when oncoming traffic is spotted, it's the auto on that's not always perfect...

OP
OP
AmandaPanda

AmandaPanda

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Rav4
Occupation
Firefighter/EMT-B
Thank you all for responding to this!

@Five56, can you describe what you mean by that last sentence? I'm assuming they don't turn back on quickly?

@toddiscdn, I look forward to seeing those pictures! Thank you.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I did take some pics the other morning through the windshield but the did not show very well, Im guessing it might be better from outside the truck, I,ll try again sometime and see what the results are.

Five56

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2001 Mustang GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all for responding to this!

@Five56, can you describe what you mean by that last sentence? I'm assuming they don't turn back on quickly?

They turn on and off quickly enough, I'd say 100% of the time dim for on coming traffic, but there are times when I'd like the brights on they don't automatically come up.. too much ambient light I guess

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
Hello!
I did a post just for you but it's not on this thread.

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
Yes! You can shut off the adaptive high beams in the menu in the instrument display!
No need to go to menu .. you can turn feature off and on with the turn signal stalk .. there is a light between your gauges with an a that tells you it’s on .. I like them work very well ..
Sponsored