Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
How long did it take for your Yakima rack to arrive after you ordered it? I have had it on order with my dealer for over three weeks and it still hasn't showed up.
It was a VERY LONG wait! The Ranger specific accessory list came out in Canada at around the 18th of January. I made my list in the following days and sent it to my dealer. I received the rack and sidebars last week and the crossbars 2 days ago.

Note: Can’t say exactly when the order itself was put in the system but I know Yakima said their new bed-rack systems wouldn’t be made available to the public until the 15th of February.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the reason I went with a lower rack. I wanted the top of my rooftop tent to be roughly level with the cab as not to kill my mileage on long overlanding trips. Looks good though. Weight rating is indeed disappointing and just wouldn’t work for my family.
I hear ya! What rack did you end up getting?

In my case there was no perfect set-up available, only levels of compromise. Having a secure yet accessible “dry” bed was priority number one so my rack options then became extremely limited.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
It was a VERY LONG wait! The Ranger specific accessory list came out in Canada at around the 18th of January. I made my list in the following days and sent it to my dealer. I received the rack and sidebars last week and the crossbars 2 days ago.

Note: Can’t say exactly when the order itself was put in the system but I know Yakima said their new bed-rack systems wouldn’t be made available to the public until the 15th of February.
Ok, thanks for the quick response. I guess it will get here when it gets here. I was also thinking that since it was adjustable that it would be at the middle of the rear window at it's lowest position. That's a bummer that it sits so high in it's lowest position. I need it at roof level to carry my Yakima "16" carrier but would also like it lower and out of the wind when carrying other things .

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I hear ya! What rack did you end up getting?

In my case there was no perfect set-up available, only levels of compromise. Having a secure yet accessible “dry” bed was priority number one so my rack options then became extremely limited.
I went with a custom rack. Very similar to the RCI rack but I wanted a 9" rack so I went custom as their shortest rack is 12". It's not done yet but I will for sure post pictures when it is. I don't haul kayaks or any other long items that I need to extend over the cab so a taller rack wasn't needed.

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with a custom rack. Very similar to the RCI rack but I wanted a 9" rack so I went custom as their shortest rack is 12". It's not done yet but I will for sure post pictures when it is. I don't haul kayaks or any other long items that I need to extend over the cab so a taller rack wasn't needed.
Cool! Eager to see it, keep me posted.

1114EF9C-9E7A-48AB-B810-32402307940F.jpeg

This is in fact what I expected the “lowest setting” of the Yakima to look like. A rooftop tent is on the wish list but havent started overlanding yet, only have done off-roading day trips as of yet. I have however started doing kayaking and SUP boarding so above cab height was a must for me.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Cool! Eager to see it, keep me posted.

1114EF9C-9E7A-48AB-B810-32402307940F.jpeg

This is in fact what I expected the “lowest setting” of the Yakima to look like. A rooftop tent is on the wish list but havent started overlanding yet, only have done off-roading day trips as of yet. I have however started doing kayaking and SUP boarding so above cab height was a must for me.
You probably wanted this: https://www.yakima.com/outpost-hd

outposthd_1_yak_1.1548443910.jpeg

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager

jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Fuel wheels are in and BFG mounted. Unfortunately cant put them on yet because of (1) weather and (2) probably need the extra lift of the Icon kit to fit properly.
0C6D29C7-F83B-4670-82F0-E88928728B0A.jpeg
Are those the 18x9 +1? Bad Ass build btw

jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!
Those are 17x9 +12
Ah thanks. Are you using hub rings to mount them. If so where did you find yours? I'm pretty much a noob so relying heavily on YouTube and forums. I had been looking at that wheel in an r18 +20 from what I can tell I need an 108 to 93.1. I can't find a pre-made

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah thanks. Are you using hub rings to mount them. If so where did you find yours? I'm pretty much a noob so relying heavily on YouTube and forums. I had been looking at that wheel in an r18 +20 from what I can tell I need an 108 to 93.1. I can't find a pre-made
I’m sorry I made a mistake in my reply. My wheels have a « minus » 12 offset not a positive. I edited my post above.

If you buy your wheel with the proper lug pattern you don’t need rings/adapters/spacers. If you tell me what look/stance you want (tires tight to the fender, sticking out a bit or well inside) and the size tires you want to put on I would be better able to help you.

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really curious how those Fuel wheels are gonna look once you get them mounted. I'm getting some Black Rhinos that are a +12, and I'm already worried about how "stanced" the truck is gonna look. Can't even picture an additional -24mm of offset from the Rhinos. Personal taste, but not a fan of how much the +0's stick out there.

TL;DR Can't wait for pics!
Sponsored