RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I just tried both ways with the folders and it didn't work. Extracted like I did on my previous successful tries and it worked.
I can't seem to get the download working. Although I don't have my truck, I thought I'd check our 2016 C-Max and it is at Sync3 v1.0 (hasn't been updated since we bought it). I go to the download and click the begin download and I just get the spinner. Tried two different browsers now - both behave the same. Weird....

Question, and I assume this would be consistent from model to model - When it is connected to wifi, does it do these kinds of updates even when the car is off? Or does the car need to be on in order to do the auto update? The reason I ask is because it obviously won't be on wifi long - once we back it out of the garage and travel a short distance wifi is gone.
Sponsored

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I can't seem to get the download working. Although I don't have my truck, I thought I'd check our 2016 C-Max and it is at Sync3 v1.0 (hasn't been updated since we bought it). I go to the download and click the begin download and I just get the spinner. Tried two different browsers now - both behave the same. Weird....

Question, and I assume this would be consistent from model to model - When it is connected to wifi, does it do these kinds of updates even when the car is off? Or does the car need to be on in order to do the auto update? The reason I ask is because it obviously won't be on wifi long - once we back it out of the garage and travel a short distance wifi is gone.
It rarely works on wifi for me. I don't even remember the details on the one time it did. I just download it, extract it, open the file and then drag the 3 items over to the usb directly. It won't read past the main folder for some reason.

I can't help with the 2016. I keep up with updates and don't wait.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
USB flash drive has to be formatted in exFat, which is unusual. Make sure you read all the instructions.
The problem is that I can't get the download to start. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Seems pretty straight forward, but it just sits there and spins with a greyed out screen. I left it for over an hour with no change.

Just curious what OS and Browser were you using? When I'm using chrome I see all sorts of errors in the browser console, which is probably why it isn't working.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is that I can't get the download to start. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Seems pretty straight forward, but it just sits there and spins with a greyed out screen. I left it for over an hour with no change.

Just curious what OS and Browser were you using? When I'm using chrome I see all sorts of errors in the browser console, which is probably why it isn't working.
Nevermind - I figured it out - my ad blocker was blocking something that was required. I turned it off and the download started.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Nevermind - I figured it out - my ad blocker was blocking something that was required. I turned it off and the download started.
I was using Windows & Chrome. Make sure to reformat the USB drive before transferring the files

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was using Windows & Chrome. Make sure to reformat the USB drive before transferring the files
Again, this was for our C-Max - I'm just trying to understand more about the features with a vehicle I do have. It took quite a while, and it didn't do exactly what the detailed instruction said (it didn't say "rebooting" after about 2 minutes). But it did eventually apply the update and I was able to update Ford with the new version.

I've not been able to find a list of what enhancements/fixes were done in this version,however. If anyone has a link that shows a list of these, I'd love to see it.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Checked to see about updating Sync 3.0 on the Escape (2016 model). 3.3 is not available for it, or so says the Ford website.