Lance M Jones

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER
Vehicle Showcase
Ford wants to charge me $2,000 to add a leveling Kit to my Ranger.
Les Schwab will do it for around $500
Ford tells me that if Les Schwab performs the work, that my Warranty will be void.
Do you know if this is true?
Do I have to spend 4X the price to keep my warranty valid?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
It won't void your entire warranty to have it done somewhere other than the dealer, but make sure the shop knows what they are doing. If you install a level kit and the shop doesn't pay attention to pinion angles or cuts a CV boot, the repair is on you.

OP
OP
Lance M Jones

Lance M Jones

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER
Vehicle Showcase
It won't void your entire warranty to have it done somewhere other than the dealer, but make sure the shop knows what they are doing. If you install a level kit and the shop doesn't pay attention to pinion angles or cuts a CV boot, the repair is on you.
Thank you

PvtZoller

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
There is no such thing as a "voided" warranty unless they are refunding you a determined cash value of said warranty you /the vehicle owns. One could of course deny a claim based on certain factors related to the failure, but they are claim specific. There would need to be a failure and the warranty provider would need to determine that the failure was a direct result of that part having been installed and causing the failure.

A denied claim would be something like:
"We determined you used Kirkland vegetable oil instead of automotive grade engine oil, so I am afraid the ford factory warranty will not cover the engine repairs"

However you wont see:
"Since you used a non OEM wheel stud, the air conditioning failure will not be covered. And for that matter you not longer have a valid warranty

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Les Schwab did mine and it installed great. They also did the alignment and the whole thing was $407. They told me it was the first Ranger to get a leveling kit installed at a Les Schwab in Colorado. Ford is being silly if they told you adding a spacing bracket at the top of a strut tower will void the warranty...ridiculous! They just want to scare you into letting them do it.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Ford wants to charge me $2,000 to add a leveling Kit to my Ranger.
Les Schwab will do it for around $500
Ford tells me that if Les Schwab performs the work, that my Warranty will be void.
Do you know if this is true?
Do I have to spend 4X the price to keep my warranty valid?
I paid just over $1900 to get mine purchased and installed by my Ford Dealer.
It was worth the peace of mind for me to let them do it. I got the Fox/Ford 2" leveling kit, and am VERY happy with my results.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I'm curious as to what leveling kit you are wanting to put on and what they charge an hour?! I have the Old Man EMU lift on my truck and for a dealer to install it at their labor cost with an alignment you be roughly $1200 on the install. A leveling kit will cost way less as you dont need to do as much. As for the warranty......... I have yet to see a leveling kit cause a problem that would break things.... Even the lift I chose wont cause any problems that could void my warranty. Now dont get me wrong here, if any part on my lift kit fails then Ford will not cover it but that is why Old Man EMU has their own warranty on that. For the leveling kit you have it might be similar but I dont know.
Sponsored