First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger is coming soon.
I would like to have a leveling kit installed.
Les Schwab tells me it would be about $500 to install a leveling kit.
The guy at Ford tells me that the leveling kit must be installed by Ford or it will void the warranty.
Ford's price for the kit is $2,000.
Does anyone know if having Les Schwabb install the kit will really void my warranty?
Do I really need to pay 4X as much to keep my warranty valid?
Sponsored

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Are you saying Ford wants to charge you $2000 to install the kit, of $2000 for the kit? I think there is some mis-communication here, Swabs price is just to install, ford price should include the kit 1300ish? and the install. You still have to buy the kit for Schwab to install it. So that would be 1800 if you include the price of the kit. if it's the former, ask them for a labor vs meterials quote, then go find another dealer. the only warrenty it could void would be the suspension, that's why there was a congressional law signed in the 70's, where the manufacturer has to Prove the aftermarket part caused the failure, and not a defective part. But these ahole manu's have been pushing the evelope, and not honoring warrentees. We need a couple of good law suits. 500 about right at 140/hr. Your kit comes with complete struts already fully assembled, and rear shocks. There needs to be a full alignment done after, with changes to get everything back right. Having just done a complete swap where i had to swap the springs, it took me 5 hrs in my garrage with a jack and hand tools. With a lift and air tools, i don't see the swap taking over 1.5 hrs. 15 mins for each shock (if that) and 30 mins for each strut. alingment, generous at 2 hours. So your at 3.5 billable hours, plus the cost of the kit. That's from real experience. So i hope the dealer was quoting you with the cost of the kit included.

Ford Kit:

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m...ranger-fox-ford-performance-2-suspension.html

Last edited:

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
If you're referring to the dealer I think you're referring to, I'm not surprised. We recently traded our Escape in for a certified '17 Edge Sport w/ 31k miles. We were quoted ~$5500 for Premium Care ESP w/ maintenance.

Flood Ford sells the same exact coverage for ~$2600. So, yeah...

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
When any dealer says “oh that will void your warranty, just tell them “The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states that a dealer must prove that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage.”
End of argument.
Sponsored