OP
OP
Sanford & Son Salvage

Sanford & Son Salvage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4WD, SCab
Not meaning to hijack a thread, but I have a question since I see in a few of the photos that some have the OEM front license plate bracket. Mine came with one and in PA we don't need a license in front so I ordered a really cool black plate for the front that says "Horsey Mom" in lettering that pretty much matches the Cactus Gray color of my truck with some purple color accent. Has anyone found a flat clear cover that is thin enough to fit along with the metal plate into those two bottom slats of the OEM bracket? I see there are 2 screw holes at the top of the bracket and just those 2 slots on the bottom. I could put the plate on bare, but I wasn't looking for something to protect it so it doesn't get chipped up.
Also, sorry if this is a dumb question, but my bracket didn't come with any screws for mounting the plate into the bracket... I want black screws, but what kind and what size do I get??

Most of the plate brackets I have purchased or looked at come with either 2 or 4 screws that seems to be a universal fit. The clear cover should fit under the plate bracket mount.
Sponsored

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
It started out black with black pack.

AWJeMxu.png

I peeled the FX4 stickers, and off-road rims are all black.

mXLeJCv.jpg

Front emblem, disassembled and painted semi-gloss with flat black. WARN stick-on removed from bumper.

jGHtfTc.jpg

Rear just flat black.

juk1AaL.jpg

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
anyone looking to get rid of a set of 5 spoke black OEM rims let me know..

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Most of the plate brackets I have purchased or looked at come with either 2 or 4 screws that seems to be a universal fit. The clear cover should fit under the plate bracket mount.
I don't think the ones I've seen will slide into those bottom slots on the bracket. The plate alone will fit, but doesn't look like the opening of the slot is wide enough for anything else.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
6F3C9987-57A9-4ECA-8B29-499745B64C17.jpeg

2021 in carbonized grey. My only gripe with the black package is the 18” wheels. I really wish they had been 17” so I didn’t feel that changing them out was mandatory for me. I ended up getting some methods in black which should go well with the rest. Looking forward to eventually getting them mounted with some 285/70r17 BFGs and some new suspension.
I have a '19 Magnetic Met. 4x4 xlt sport and it would look great with the OEM black 5 spokes...I believe he carbon grey is a bit lighter? GREAT color though!

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
It started out black with black pack.

AWJeMxu.png

I peeled the FX4 stickers, and off-road rims are all black.

mXLeJCv.jpg

Front emblem, disassembled and painted semi-gloss with flat black. WARN stick-on removed from bumper.

jGHtfTc.jpg

Rear just flat black.

juk1AaL.jpg
mind sharing the tire and wheel specs? It’s sitting really nice.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
I have a '19 Magnetic Met. 4x4 xlt sport and it would look great with the OEM black 5 spokes...I believe he carbon grey is a bit lighter? GREAT color though!
Thank you it’s a nice combo. The carbon is a bit of a shifty color. Looks much lighter in direct sunlight than it does at night. It feels like a very modern grey for a truck and seems to go really well with black accents and darker wheels.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Not meaning to hijack a thread, but I have a question since I see in a few of the photos that some have the OEM front license plate bracket. Mine came with one and in PA we don't need a license in front so I ordered a really cool black plate for the front that says "Horsey Mom" in lettering that pretty much matches the Cactus Gray color of my truck with some purple color accent. Has anyone found a flat clear cover that is thin enough to fit along with the metal plate into those two bottom slats of the OEM bracket? I see there are 2 screw holes at the top of the bracket and just those 2 slots on the bottom. I could put the plate on bare, but I wasn't looking for something to protect it so it doesn't get chipped up.
Also, sorry if this is a dumb question, but my bracket didn't come with any screws for mounting the plate into the bracket... I want black screws, but what kind and what size do I get??
Hi Val.

Edit: Never mind, I thought you were looking for the fasteners that mount the bracket to the vehicle.

My Ranger did not come with the front license plate bracket (wish it had) and I wanted to add a grill insert that uses the holes and fasteners for the license plate bracket. I tried a couple of dealership parts departments, and the fasteners were not available. FYI they are M6 x 20mm bolts. Ford part number W714810. I found some M6 bolts at the parts store that I used, but not black, which woulda been nice. They seem to be working fine. Good luck.

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0813.jpg

Saber Orange with Matt Black decals and bed cover.

Hiphip35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford ranger xlt, 2021 Ford ranger xlt fx4
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer took mine off...I think he used a screwdriver.. I’m pretty sure Sanford is correct.. but the dealer did also say it was a snap on

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
mind sharing the tire and wheel specs? It’s sitting really nice.
Thank you, I'm pretty happy with it.

3.5 lift front and rear
rims are RWC 360 +35 off-set 17x8.5
Wrangler Duratrak LT285/70-17 10 ply

Cosmetically I would have liked to push out farther, but plan to work the truck pretty hard off-road and trying to keep the foot print as narrow as possible to reduce load on the bearings.

As is, the inside clearance against the suspension gained 10mm
and the outside sidewall moved 30mm farther out.

qAgMGNy.jpg