Productivity Screen Froze

DaPyrate

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 96, Ranger 19 and Focus 07
***3/7/2019 Update*** Press and Hold Power and Right Track Select Buttons to Reset Sync 3

Today my productivity screen froze while adjusting the climate control. I was unable to use the touch screen, the steering wheel control or connect to the my phone. The manual controls for the climate functioned but the radio power did not. It stayed frozen for my 20 minute commute to work. When I finally parked it I turned the truck off, opened the door, and the screen remained froze. I started the truck back up and nothing changed. My truck is completely off and the screen still shows as if it is on.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Sponsored

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Today my productivity screen froze while adjusting the climate control. I was unable to use the touch screen, the steering wheel control or connect to the my phone. The manual controls for the climate functioned but the radio power did not. It stayed frozen for my 20 minute commute to work. When I finally parked it I turned the truck off, opened the door, and the screen remained froze. I started the truck back up and nothing changed. My truck is completely off and the screen still shows as if it is on.

See if this works for you.

reboot-sync-3-png.png

OP
OP
DaPyrate

DaPyrate

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See if this works for you.

reboot-sync-3-png.png
I went out to the parking lot to try this and it appears to have fixed itself. If it happens again I will take pics and try rebooting to see if that will fix it.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Yeah...But in my Fusion. I was driving with heat on and got to the Pittsburg area where it was snowing. When I went to turn on defrost nothing responded. It was un-nerving because I really needed defrost but nothing would function. I had to pull over and wait for it to reboot itself. All totaled, it froze up twice like you had. It turns out there was a fault in the module and it needed to be replaced. Have your Dealer run a diagnostic and see if it set any fault codes.

After you powered off your truck the sync system eventually shut itself down and rebooted itself when you started the truck up again.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
This happens quite a bit for me recently. Mostly while using Google Maps, so I'm not going to immediately point the finger at SYNC 3. But it is getting annoying (along with the dopey update messages)

OP
OP
DaPyrate

DaPyrate

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah...But in my Fusion. I was driving with heat on and got to the Pittsburg area where it was snowing. When I went to turn on defrost nothing responded. It was un-nerving because I really needed defrost but nothing would function. I had to pull over and wait for it to reboot itself. All totaled, it froze up twice like you had. It turns out there was a fault in the module and it needed to be replaced. Have your Dealer run a diagnostic and see if it set any fault codes.

After you powered off your truck the sync system eventually shut itself down and rebooted itself when you started the truck up again.
I read something about the faulty module on a F-150 forum while googling the issue. It did reboot itself after I shut the truck off but it did not happen immediately. Funny thing was it happened this morning and I didn't even know it until I shut my truck off and the sync did not shut down. I think it is happening when I plug my iPhone.

OP
OP
DaPyrate

DaPyrate

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This happens quite a bit for me recently. Mostly while using Google Maps, so I'm not going to immediately point the finger at SYNC 3. But it is getting annoying (along with the dopey update messages)
The update message is super annoying. Every time I start my truck up it comes up.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
The update message is super annoying. Every time I start my truck up it comes up.
Just go into the settings and turn off automatic updates then. It's an easy fix.

John Galt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
My Sync require 2-3 minutes after starting the truck to register and inputs. It will play my last satellite station but the screen doesn't respond. This also happens If i plug in my iPhone but do not unlock the phone to engage carplay, it will just freeze. Very annoying., I had carplay in my 2016 Golf! and it was flawless, never froze. How can it be this hard to get it half decent.

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My backup camera stays on after reversing and then going forward. After a short while, I will get a blue screen or a non responsive screen and have to do a reset. This has been happening ever since I did the latest update, happens several times a day. Very annoying. Anyone else having this issue? Should I try to reload the latest update?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
My backup camera stays on after reversing and then going forward. After a short while, I will get a blue screen or a non responsive screen and have to do a reset. This has been happening ever since I did the latest update, happens several times a day. Very annoying. Anyone else having this issue? Should I try to reload the latest update?
Which software version do you have installed?

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Which software version do you have installed?
Version 19052. I had no problems with the previous version except for the occasional WiFi message. When I updated, I used a USB and everything seemed to go smoothly, except this issue started. After the update completed, I uploaded the xml file as directed, but I do not see that latest update in my sync history on the owners site. I am downloading the same update again right now and I will give that another shot?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Version 19052. I had no problems with the previous version except for the occasional WiFi message. When I updated, I used a USB and everything seemed to go smoothly, except this issue started. After the update completed, I uploaded the xml file as directed, but I do not see that latest update in my sync history on the owners site. I am downloading the same update again right now and I will give that another shot?
Most likely the update won’t run as it will detect it already has that version of the software. Do you still have the files from the release prior?

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Most likely the update won’t run as it will detect it already has that version of the software. Do you still have the files from the release prior?
No on the prior release, it was the version loaded when I bought the truck.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No on the prior release, it was the version loaded when I bought the truck.
Just for giggles do a Master Reset if you haven't already to wipe everything. If that doesn't clear it up, you can try to load the version prior from this post.
Sponsored