LIGHTNING BLUE Ranger Club Thread

jjmanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
FWIW I went with the Sport Package with the standard (17") magnetic rims because I liked them better than the optional 18" rims.
I also went with the Sport trim. I’m not a fan of chrome, plus the magnetic rims look great! I posted pics from the San Antonio car show on page 1 or 2 of this thread.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Detailed. Got to be the best color option, right guys??? ;)

DFBC99E3-8401-403C-884B-4F5C321E6167.jpeg

3127F0C7-842B-47D7-B7E4-A947688F01D9.jpeg

197D13DC-BA4E-42E0-868B-558739418FD1.jpeg
I agree; it's now my background while I await my order. Did you go with a ceramic by chance? If so did you do it yourself?

Last edited:

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree; it's now my background why I await my order. Did you go with a ceramic by chance? If so did you do it yourself?
I use Dualpolymer on my vehicles and will use it on the Ranger after I get the pin striping put on. I just ordered a bottle of their tire product to use on the tires.

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Detailed. Got to be the best color option, right guys??? ;)

DFBC99E3-8401-403C-884B-4F5C321E6167.jpeg

3127F0C7-842B-47D7-B7E4-A947688F01D9.jpeg

197D13DC-BA4E-42E0-868B-558739418FD1.jpeg
Nice!

I am going to detail mine this weekend. Have any advice on how to wash it? It sounds like using three buckets, good car wash soap, and terry/microfiber towels to dry should work well.

jesskewl

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 dodge durango RT
Nice!

I am going to detail mine this weekend. Have any advice on how to wash it? It sounds like using three buckets, good car wash soap, and terry/microfiber towels to dry should work well.
Start with one bucket for wheels only...full decon first using a strip wash using 2 bucket method...foam if like, Tar/Iron spray, powerwash, I do a panel by panel IPA wipedown and depending on clearcoat factory condition polish/compound with a DA polisher....then apply coating. This is probably overkill for most but detailing is a hobby of mine. I have dedicated color coded microfiber towels and buckets with dollys lol. My process take least 2 days lol. Theres alot of good videos out there for reference ...check out pan the organizer or obsessed garage.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I agree; it's now my background while I await my order. Did you go with a ceramic by chance? If so did you do it yourself?
I’m still contemplating a ceramic coating. I’m also thinking of a clear bra on hood, bumper and tailgate (don’t want to scratch it while closing it with gloves)

Nice!

Yeah you’ve got it. I’m no professional but I have been detailing my own cars and have done tons of research on avoiding swirl marks and blemishes. Always wash from the top down, use a good quality wash mitt (I prefer microfiber) wipe in either up/down or side to side don’t use circular motions and rinse rinse rinse. You’re going to have to hop in the bed to get the roof. I had a hard time reaching the entire windshield without a step stool too lol

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I’m still contemplating a ceramic coating. I’m also thinking of a clear bra on hood, bumper and tailgate (don’t want to scratch it while closing it with gloves)
I will be putting a tailgate pad on for hauling bikes, any thoughts on how to protect it? I have been told that as long as I don't leave the pad on all the time, keep the pad and tailgate clean, and apply a few extra coats of wax before putting the pad on I should be OK. I already threw some 3M polyurethane tape between the tailgate handle and top. I build trail and frequently will be opening the gate with muddy gloves/hands. It is a truck after all!

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I will be putting a tailgate pad on for hauling bikes, any thoughts on how to protect it? I have been told that as long as I don't leave the pad on all the time, keep the pad and tailgate clean, and apply a few extra coats of wax before putting the pad on I should be OK. I already threw some 3M polyurethane tape between the tailgate handle and top. I build trail and frequently will be opening the gate with muddy gloves/hands. It is a truck after all!
We're in the same boat. I'm waiting on a call from a shop for a clear bra on the tailgate.

TKDMasterV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT - Sport
Vehicle Showcase
20190302_135753.jpg

Went with Sport 4x2. 1 week old, got the front windows tinted to match rears and 50% on windshield. Love the Black on Blue look! Nerfs, Tonnue and level kit on the agenda.

Defender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda6
Vehicle Showcase
20190302_135753.jpg

Went with Sport 4x2. 1 week old, got the front windows tinted to match rears and 50% on windshield. Love the Black on Blue look! Nerfs, Tonnue and level kit on the agenda.
Tinted the windshield? In which State is this legal, or are you indicating tint above the AS1 line?

AliB

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Sorry new to the group. Trying to figure it out. Also I picked up my lighting blue last week.