2019 Ranger Leveling Kit

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
What is this leveling kit for Ranger? Is it a front and rear lift with more up front? What it the diff on OEM now (2.5" low in front?).
Sponsored

SchoolZoneSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I work for a Ford dealer, and they charge 3.5 hours for the leveling kit install including alignment. My dealer charges $75 per hour for accessory installations if the part is bought from the dealer. Normal hourly rate is $130.

No modification can automatically void a warranty, but Ford can deny a specific warranty claim due to a modification. For example, if you put a tune on an engine and blow the engine and there are signs of over boost or detonation, Ford could deny the claim. With a leveling kit it would be very unlikely it would cause any damage if it was installed correctly, but if there was damage that can be attributed to the kit then there is always a possibility that a claim could he denied.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What is this leveling kit for Ranger? Is it a front and rear lift with more up front? What it the diff on OEM now (2.5" low in front?).
Quite a bit of rake. Supposedly the front-end is 3” lower. The 2.5” kit from RC gets you most of the way there. The leveling kits only lift the front to bring you level (or closer to level). ReadyLift has a few kits supposedly dropping onto their website within the next 24hrs. One is a 2” front leveling kit (leaves some front end rake for hauling/towing), a 3” front leveling kit (truly level), and 3” front leveling plus 1” rear lift kit. I think the Rough Country kits are more than adequate for most people but if you’re actually going to abuse the stock suspension, I would go with higher quality ReadyLift.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody make one for 2WD truck?

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody make one for 2WD truck?
All the leveling kits i've seen work the same for 2wd as 4. I'm having the ICON coilover kit installed on my 2wd in a few weeks. They even list on their site that it works on both 2/4wd.

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
Quite a bit of rake. Supposedly the front-end is 3” lower. The 2.5” kit from RC gets you most of the way there. The leveling kits only lift the front to bring you level (or closer to level). ReadyLift has a few kits supposedly dropping onto their website within the next 24hrs. One is a 2” front leveling kit (leaves some front end rake for hauling/towing), a 3” front leveling kit (truly level), and 3” front leveling plus 1” rear lift kit. I think the Rough Country kits are more than adequate for most people but if you’re actually going to abuse the stock suspension, I would go with higher quality ReadyLift.
I see. I usually buy Alcan leaf packs for the rear. My Tacoma was basically level so I did a 3x3 lift. I guess a 3x2 on Ranger would be ok leaving the rear just a tad higher. Would 275 or 285 33" tires fit under a 3x2 lift w/o rubbing issues?
Sponsored

Last edited: