$750 Chicago Auto Show incentive

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
At the Chicago Auto Show I waited in line to test drive a Ranger with the promise of a $750 incentive. There was supposed to be a follow-up email with redemption details but none ever came. Trying to follow up with Ford but no luck so far – responses were prompt but not helpful. In addition there was a $50 gift card which is available to anyone that test drives at the dealer. Anyone else do this test drive at the auto show?
Sponsored

Av8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Ranger, Cessna Skywagon
I was unaware of the $750 incentive, but I did attend the autoshow and pursue the $50 gift card. I did my test drive on Saturday and will be getting my $50 "within 8 weeks". It also looks like marketing works, because it seems I'll (hopefully) be buying a Lariat in Mid-April, when the dealership gets one in.

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
In Minneapolis we have our Auto Show that starts in a couple weeks and the "North-Land" Ford Dealers are offering $1000 customer cash if you take delivery on a new vehicle by April 1st. However my dealer said that this offer doesn't look like it is valid for a ranger because they are so new. I think the $750 and X-plan is the only thing I have going for me.

OP
OP
Richard Conley

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Engineer
In Minneapolis we have our Auto Show that starts in a couple weeks and the "North-Land" Ford Dealers are offering $1000 customer cash if you take delivery on a new vehicle by April 1st. However my dealer said that this offer doesn't look like it is valid for a ranger because they are so new. I think the $750 and X-plan is the only thing I have going for me.
Do you know if the Twin Cities Auto Show will have the Ranger present? Couple weeks ago they couldn't tell me squat. Was hoping to go down and actually check one out in person.

MaineRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew Lariat 4x4
Just left my dealer. My order from August is due in next few days so we started the paperwork. (It's now on a train in New York so its moving quick) I have the $750 pre-order incentive being applied plus Ford just offered a $750 Private Offer Cash incentive to some customers. I fortunately got both for a total of $1500 in free rebates. Best thing to do is have your dealer verify to see if your qualified.

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
Do you know if the Twin Cities Auto Show will have the Ranger present? Couple weeks ago they couldn't tell me squat. Was hoping to go down and actually check one out in person.
I almost guarantee they will have one at the show. But you can stop by any dealer in the metro and check them out. I know Inver grove ford has 3 of them sitting on their lot. I was there yesterday. For sure worth it if you haven't been able to see one yet.

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
Just left my dealer. My order from August is due in next few days so we started the paperwork. (It's now on a train in New York so its moving quick) I have the $750 pre-order incentive being applied plus Ford just offered a $750 Private Offer Cash incentive to some customers. I fortunately got both for a total of $1500 in free rebates. Best thing to do is have your dealer verify to see if your qualified.
Good to know. I know my sales rep well so I know he will try to find everything he can for me. Do you mind sharing details of the private Offer? Was that dealer or local marketing area specific?

MaineRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew Lariat 4x4
Good to know. I know my sales rep well so I know he will try to find everything he can for me. Do you mind sharing details of the private Offer? Was that dealer or local marketing area specific?
It was through Ford, not the dealer. I paid full retail minus the 2 rebates, but I was given a good price on my trade in.

OP
OP
Richard Conley

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I almost guarantee they will have one at the show. But you can stop by any dealer in the metro and check them out. I know Inver grove ford has 3 of them sitting on their lot. I was there yesterday. For sure worth it if you haven't been able to see one yet.
It came in the email today - like a lot of them it generates a PIN. I also have a couple others in the works - X-Plan via Mustang Club of America and similar one with the local Farm Bureau -required 60 days to be valid, and probably can't use both. I think my small dealer (6000 pop town) doesn't necessarily know just what all will work until I get down to the order.

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I am pretty certain there will be a Ranger at the Mpls show. I ordered mine from Inver Grove Ford and they have a Ranger on their showroom floor that has a sign on it say this one is saved for the auto show. I speaking with my sales person. They confirmed this Ranger will be at the show. Can’t recall the specifics. It it is the blue color and had an ebony interior. Can’t recall if it was a FX4, Lariat, XL or what.

You could call this dealership and ask.

Mark
Sponsored