CA FasTrak Flex Toll Tag

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
CA members, where are you putting your FasTrak Toll Tag? And have you seen the crazy adorable ones that they now offer?

7CE8B9B3-E612-46D3-8FC3-913302A19354.jpeg
Is that the new one in your pic or is there another one??

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
The slim design is eye pleasing and not taking a whole lot of space compared to the other one.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
CA members, where are you putting your FasTrak Toll Tag? And have you seen the crazy adorable ones that they now offer?

I didn’t realize they even had these. Do I need to pay them extra for it? I wouldn’t be surprised.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t realize they even had these. Do I need to pay them extra for it? I wouldn’t be surprised.
Nope it’s free. You can order them from FasTrak’s website and mail back your old ones.

You need the “Flex Tag Tolls” nowadays to use the carpool lane in CA.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Nope it’s free. You can order them from FasTrak’s website and mail back your old ones.

Good to know, I'll jump on there and get myself one. Much better than the brick that I have currently.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know, I'll jump on there and get myself one. Much better than the brick that I have currently.
If you come up with alternative locations to mount them post it up!

PvtZoller

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Stays in my wife's car, I literally do not use it however my car is on the account so it scans my plate and we move right along.

The scanner acts as if it missed my transponder, scans my license plate with no problems. TECHNICALLY not having the transponder is a violation but i have never had a problem. I do not commute on the express lanes regularly but I use those lanes a few times a month or so on the way to Dodger stadium and such.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stays in my wife's car, I literally do not use it however my car is on the account so it scans my plate and we move right along.

The scanner acts as if it missed my transponder, scans my license plate with no problems. TECHNICALLY not having the transponder is a violation but i have never had a problem. I do not commute on the express lanes regularly but I use those lanes a few times a month or so on the way to Dodger stadium and such.
As far as plate scanning vs FasTrak tag, here in SF the Golden Gate Bridge has gone completely automated, so no more toll booth attendants.

You don't have to have a FasTrak tag anymore since it will just scan your plate and send the bill to your house, however if you do have a FasTrak tag you get a discount on the toll. Plus you can save even more if you carpool with more than 3+ people.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

Only for certain locations though. For instance in LA/Metro, the only place you need it currently is for the 110 between LA and San Pedro, the rest are still traditional HOV lanes for now.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Only for certain locations though. For instance in LA/Metro, the only place you need it currently is for the 110 between LA and San Pedro, the rest are still traditional HOV lanes for now.
Here in the Bay Area you need a FasTrak to use the express lanes on 101/880 and a few others.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase

You should see the Sun Pass tags we use in Florida! Size of a Credit Card and Sticks permanently to the windshield. Only $5.00 and you get a $5.00 Credit to your account. They are disposable items since you ruin the internal antenna if you remove it. Talk about inconspicuous. Only downside is you can't hide them behind the Dotted area as it needs power from the Toll Reader to respond.
Sponsored