Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if I don’t order one before yours is available I may take it off your hands.

Also, eibach is a great company. Hopefully they treat you well.
I’ve worked with them on a few projects and I have no bad feedback so I’ll definitely agree.
Sponsored

Scotty J

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2012 BMW R1200GSA - 1972 Honda CB750 Four
Occupation
CADD Designer, Survey Technician
There are 4 small bumpers, one in front and behind both front wheels. You’ll have to unbolt the front bumper to remove the front two and unbolt the back portion of the fender to remove the rear ones. Took about an hour.
I've got my Rough Country 2.5 Installed and wheels/tires are on the way (18x9, 20mm offset, 275x70 BFG AT K02's) and I'm trying to make room before they show up. I got the wings off no sweat, but I can only see 2 bolts for the bumper. How do you unbolt that thing? It's like a puzzle of layers of plastic &metal!

Edit:
A little bit of Google later and I found this. Only problem is now I want an aftermarket biumper. Also, the bars behind the tire have me stumped. How much of the fender do you have to disassemble to get them out? I'm probably just going to take a whiz wheel to them if I really do need that clearance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrRisk

MrRisk

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
I've got my Rough Country 2.5 Installed and wheels/tires are on the way (18x9, 20mm offset, 275x70 BFG AT K02's) and I'm trying to make room before they show up. I got the wings off no sweat, but I can only see 2 bolts for the bumper. How do you unbolt that thing? It's like a puzzle of layers of plastic &metal!

Edit:
A little bit of Google later and I found this. Only problem is now I want an aftermarket biumper. Also, the bars behind the tire have me stumped. How much of the fender do you have to disassemble to get them out? I'm probably just going to take a whiz wheel to them if I really do need that clearance.
For the rear side I just unsnapped the fender trim so I could remove the rear portion of the fender liner, then unbolted the plastic piece. After that a little prying and viola they come out.

OP
OP
MrRisk

MrRisk

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Took the Ranger out in the mud and blasted through a river over the weekend, IT WAS AWESOME!!!

3CCF392F-E1DE-424C-8522-8B1D74876C1F.jpeg

595B5E9D-7813-4552-97A4-9130312980E1.jpeg

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
Took the Ranger out in the mud and blasted through a river over the weekend, IT WAS AWESOME!!!

3CCF392F-E1DE-424C-8522-8B1D74876C1F.jpeg

595B5E9D-7813-4552-97A4-9130312980E1.jpeg
You’re making me hella jealous man! lol
Even if I get the truck looking as good (and functional) as yours I’m many months away from being able to play like that ... a whole lotta snow needs to melt before we can even see our trails!

OP
OP
MrRisk

MrRisk

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
You’re making me hella jealous man! lol
Even if I get the truck looking as good (and functional) as yours I’m many months away from being able to play like that ... a whole lotta snow needs to melt before we can even see our trails!

Patients is a virtue my friend. It will be worth the wait.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
After taking out the bars and bumpers in the wheel arch area do you think there is enough room for a 285/70/17 on the stock wheel with a 2.5" level? Or is the offset wheel needed to get the tire away from the truck?

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
After taking out the bars and bumpers in the wheel arch area do you think there is enough room for a 285/70/17 on the stock wheel with a 2.5" level? Or is the offset wheel needed to get the tire away from the truck?
Don’t want to highjack @MrRisk thread but I’m trying this very setup this week. Getting my leveling kit late today and the dealer will test fit (again) my winter tires in that very size on the stock wheels Thursday. I’ll post results on my build thread. Although I have to add that I’m planning on installing spacers also to fill out my fender flares and match the stance of my “summer” setup which are 295/70R17 on -12 offset wheels.

OP
OP
MrRisk

MrRisk

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
In addition to what @Rockweiler said and this is mostly a guess, I think you may have rubbing issues on the spindle because the wheel offset is very high on the original wheels. Which is an easy fix with spacers like he mentioned as well.

But to be completely honest I don’t think we will know until someone tries it.

OP
OP
MrRisk

MrRisk

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Truck leaves for Eibach again tomorrow to have the new lift kit installed. 3” lift front 1” lift rear and all new shocks, I’m very excited to get it back and see how it’s going to perform. I make some suggestions based off of my off road experience with the regular FX4 suspension and they said they are going to make adjustments due to my request.

Also if you are in SoCal I will be unveiling the new suspension at a gathering called “Truckflix and Chill” in Westminster. Hope to see some of you there, I don’t want to be the Lone Ranger (what a tool).

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
Truck leaves for Eibach again tomorrow to have the new lift kit installed. 3” lift front 1” lift rear and all new shocks, I’m very excited to get it back and see how it’s going to perform. I make some suggestions based off of my off road experience with the regular FX4 suspension and they said they are going to make adjustments due to my request.

Also if you are in SoCal I will be unveiling the new suspension at a gathering called “Truckflix and Chill” in Westminster. Hope to see some of you there, I don’t want to be the Lone Ranger (what a tool).
I see there is an event in Corona that morning, are you going to be at that one? I could probably make it in Corona.

OP
OP
MrRisk

MrRisk

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
I see there is an event in Corona that morning, are you going to be at that one? I could probably make it in Corona.
I won’t be in Corona, I’ll be in Westminster.

OP
OP
MrRisk

MrRisk

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
I won’t be in Corona, I’ll be in Westminster.
Ok so I was just notified that you’re are correct, the location was changed to eibach in Corona.

OP
OP
MrRisk

MrRisk

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic