Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to hearing reports from Ranger owners who will be flat towing their Rangers behind motorhomes.
Sponsored

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Looking forward to hearing reports from Ranger owners who will be flat towing their Rangers behind motorhomes.
I have only had the Ranger a couple of weeks but plan on flat towing it. Looking for a base plate right now.

OP
OP
sjeagles

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
I have only had the Ranger a couple of weeks but plan on flat towing it. Looking for a base plate right now.
I have around 6 months left paying on my Jeep Wrangler, I cannot wait to get rid of it and get a Ranger. Plan on ordering a Ranger in May. By then I am sure BlueOx will have a baseplate out. Rangers looks like it will be very easy to put in flat tow mode

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I was looking at the Demco baseplates for the 2018 F150 last night. I like its design. The baseplates mount right to the tow hook location. No cutting of the bumper. It only requires drilling one hole. If someone could compare the tow hooks of the Ranger to the F150 you might find its actually compatible. Might be worth purchasing the Demco and seeing if it's compatible. If not, return it. Should be able to remove one tow hook and just hold the bracket up to the mounting location.

On a somewhat related note, I might be bailing on the Ranger tomorrow. My dates keep slipping and I want to be towing something by May. I've actually gone without a TOAD since last February.

The Ford Pass app sent me a $2500 rebate for the remaining 2018 F150s. I had the salesman price one out for me today and to my surprise that $2500 was in addition to all of the other rebates. So the paperwork shows 4300 savings off of MSRP and an additional 10500 in rebates. So, I'm now looking at getting an XLT Supercab with 302A, 4WD, bed liner, remote start, tow package, plus a few other things only the Lariat Ranger gets for $3000 less than my Ranger. Compared to my Ranger build the only thing missing is the offroad package.

OP
OP
sjeagles

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at the Demco baseplates for the 2018 F150 last night. I like its design. The baseplates mount right to the tow hook location. No cutting of the bumper. It only requires drilling one hole. If someone could compare the tow hooks of the Ranger to the F150 you might find its actually compatible. Might be worth purchasing the Demco and seeing if it's compatible. If not, return it. Should be able to remove one tow hook and just hold the bracket up to the mounting location.

On a somewhat related note, I might be bailing on the Ranger tomorrow. My dates keep slipping and I want to be towing something by May. I've actually gone without a TOAD since last February.

The Ford Pass app sent me a $2500 rebate for the remaining 2018 F150s. I had the salesman price one out for me today and to my surprise that $2500 was in addition to all of the other rebates. So the paperwork shows 4300 savings off of MSRP and an additional 10500 in rebates. So, I'm now looking at getting an XLT Supercab with 302A, 4WD, bed liner, remote start, tow package, plus a few other things only the Lariat Ranger gets for $3000 less than my Ranger. Compared to my Ranger build the only thing missing is the offroad package.
I installed the BlueOx on my Jeep and it was not too hard, had to remove front bumper and drill two holes into frame.

Sorry to hear that the Ranger may not work out for you.

Sounds like a good deal, I want to keep the weight down on the TOAD as the F150 would be too much for my setup.

Best of luck to you!

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
The weight difference isn't that much. Looking at less than 300 lb difference. The F150 uses a lot of aluminum. That of course changes if you go with supercrew and a V8. It looks like it will be around 4700 lbs. Ranger appears to be 4441 on my build.

OP
OP
sjeagles

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
The weight difference isn't that much. Looking at less than 300 lb difference. The F150 uses a lot of aluminum. That of course changes if you go with supercrew and a V8. It looks like it will be around 4700 lbs. Ranger appears to be 4441 on my build.
I need a supercrew so it eliminates it as an option for me.
Sponsored