Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
FINALLY got a VIN for my Ranger! Now the countdown begins. Details below:

VIN: 1FTER4FH2KLA24463
Order Date: 12/19/18
Build Week: 3/18/19
Delivery: TBD

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 1.03.31 PM.png
Sponsored

Khurdle32

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future ranger owner
Waiting for my ranger to move from processing to production is a nightmare lol I know I have to wait till March 11th but I check everyday to see if it happens sooner ordered 1/14

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Forester
Sorted by order date. Updated 2/21/2019 @ 9:15 am PST.

Baby blue rows indicate that member has received their Ranger.

View attachment 4568

Data Breakdown:
  • 128 Ranger5G members have preordered
  • 60 members have VINs
  • 53 members have build dates
  • 48 members have delivery dates
  • @MI2TRAC has the shortest time between build and delivery - 6 days
  • @kep has the longest time between build and delivery - 34 days
  • Average time between build and delivery date - 24 days
SteveT now has a build date of March 18.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
When to my dealer this afternoon to get to the bottom of what's going on. First of all, my salesman was able to pull up the internal tracking system for my VIN, and it does indeed show the last update as "Produced" on 2/6. No further updates.

He then explained that Ford has a warning system to alert a special team at the plant to physically touch a vehicle that reaches more than 14 days without any updates. That process was started on 2/19 on my vehicle and can take 7 days to complete. He showed me the screen and everything associated with this system.

Coincidentally 2/19 was the same day I asked my dealer to contact the Regional rep, so that may have possibly shook something loose.

I would be interested if that warning system was implemented for your Ranger @Andy.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It takes them 7 days to physically touch a vehicle?
Crazy I know! I get the feeling they have a backlog of Rangers to locate.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I've done this ordering thing before and swore that I would never do it again. I waited over seven months for my mustang. Drove my wife crazy. The dates changed multiple times. I'm sure they are churning them out as quickly as possible.
For me, it isn't about churning them out as fast as possible, it is the complete lack of reliability in the tracking. I get things can change, but to have NO UPDATES once they'
Crazy I know! I get the feeling they have a backlog of Rangers to locate.
It just doesn't seem like it should be THAT hard to track where a 40 grand vehicle is at any given moment! We aren't talking paper clips here! :)

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FINALLY got a VIN for my Ranger! Now the countdown begins. Details below:

VIN: 1FTER4FH2KLA24463
Order Date: 12/19/18
Build Week: 3/18/19
Delivery: TBD

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 1.03.31 PM.png
Congrats! I added you to the list.

I also updated @SteveT.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
For me, it isn't about churning them out as fast as possible, it is the complete lack of reliability in the tracking. I get things can change, but to have NO UPDATES once they'

It just doesn't seem like it should be THAT hard to track where a 40 grand vehicle is at any given moment! We aren't talking paper clips here! :)
They can and probably do. They choose not to inform us. As of 9:30 this morning, mine was passing Jonesboro Ar.

Pjt1021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Occupation
Machinist
Vehicle Showcase
When to my dealer this afternoon to get to the bottom of what's going on. First of all, my salesman was able to pull up the internal tracking system for my VIN, and it does indeed show the last update as "Produced" on 2/6. No further updates.

He then explained that Ford has a warning system to alert a special team at the plant to physically touch a vehicle that reaches more than 14 days without any updates. That process was started on 2/19 on my vehicle and can take 7 days to complete. He showed me the screen and everything associated with this system.

Coincidentally 2/19 was the same day I asked my dealer to contact the Regional rep, so that may have possibly shook something loose.

I would be interested if that warning system was implemented for your Ranger @Andy.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription

I talked to my rep and he is going to someone higher up to find out what is going on with my truck. My day 14 with no updates will be the 2/26 as my tracking states "in production" as of 2/12 even though it was made on 2/8. Really want to get some answers...

Ranger12

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Message from dealer states Ranger is sitting in Michigan awaiting transportation(manufactured 2/6/19). Delivery date on tracking site has not changed from 3/3/19. Can't get these vehicles out of "Ramp jail".

Ron_W

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape titanium, 2013 c-max
Mine went int
I talked to my rep and he is going to someone higher up to find out what is going on with my truck. My day 14 with no updates will be the 2/26 as my tracking states "in production" as of 2/12 even though it was made on 2/8. Really want to get some answers...
Mine went into production 2/7, nothing updated since. It showed on FordPass to activate the next day. Will have my dealer check tomorrow.
Sponsored