Who is getting an extended warranty?

• Total voters

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, two reasons from my perspective. 1. I'm not normally a longer term owner so Warranty beyond Ford time frames wouldn't make sense. 2. If I do keep it longer, then they are Rock Solid and I'll get an extended Warranty if need be or just trust in the quality of Ford products that have been out in the Wild for 10 years or longer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Nope it’s a legit Ford ESP. From their own website: https://fordprotect.ford.com/premiumcare/

F551E92C-D66C-42B1-87A2-93DF8877EBBD.png
Not questioning Bulb Coverage exclusion but have never seen a Ford WARRANTY that would cover LOSS of keys. ESP normally will only cover "defects in material or workmanship" and not loss or damage. May be some kind of Hybrid coverage offered thru them.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Not questioning Bulb Coverage exclusion but have never seen a Ford WARRANTY that would cover LOSS of keys. ESP normally will only cover "defects in material or workmanship" and not loss or damage. May be some kind of Hybrid coverage offered thru them.
Just went through my paperwork, and I'm missing Pate 1 of 9 on the Warranty stuff. It doesn't say in it whether or not the bulbs are covered, but it does go through tons of stuff in detail. I texted my salesperson to see if they can come up with page 1, we shall see.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll need to follow up with Flood Ford to find out exactly what they are selling
Just went through my paperwork, and I'm missing Pate 1 of 9 on the Warranty stuff. It doesn't say in it whether or not the bulbs are covered, but it does go through tons of stuff in detail. I texted my salesperson to see if they can come up with page 1, we shall see.
Yes keep us updated. Also what plan did you get and how much was it?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium Care, I (now) know I overpaid as it was about 2600$. I'll chalk this up to "you live and learn".

Also seeing this on the owner.ford.com site in relation to my truck...

2019-02-21 11_36_58-Your Ford Vehicle.png

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Premium Care, I (now) know I overpaid as it was about 2600$. I'll chalk this up to "you live and learn".
It's cancel-able. You should shop around to see if you can find the same thing for cheaper.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
I'll need to follow up with Flood Ford to find out exactly what they are selling
Flood Ford sells the very same Ford extended warranty that any other dealership does, and is accepted at every Ford dealership service department. Being a Ford employee we are supposed to get special pricing on the extended warranty, and Flood Ford is less expensive.

I've cancelled one after a year due to trading the vehicle in and I received a prorated refund toward the remaining balance.

BKrantz

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the don't know camp. I have had extended warranties on two vehicles. One I got every penny back and then a lot more. The other never needed it. I will not be racking up the miles very fast so I will wait and see.

flatus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F1Fitty
This appears to be a aftermarket warranty sold by Flood Auto Group. I don't think this is supported by Ford and is different.
Flood Ford sells Ford ESP which is what that is. I bought mine from Flood Ford. It showed up in the Ford system within a couple of days. Conversation about https://www.floodfordesp.com/ is very common on the F150 forums. Great prices.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Flood Ford price on the site for nearly what I got is roughly what I paid. Sounds like it will be OK for me to keep even though I'm not super happy about all the "rules" it has in the fine print.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of a new model, turbo etc.
I bought a Ford Premium Care ESP.

Last edited:

Hibtacer

First Name
Ste6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
This appears to be a aftermarket warranty sold by Flood Auto Group. I don't think this is supported by Ford and is different.
What I see, purchase bulb coverage, and it is included as part of Ford premium care for LED and incandescent interior and exterior bulbs.
Sponsored