Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered one directly from K&N actually and got a free hat offer if anyone wants one lol - It looks like a one time use thing so if you're interested PM me your name and Email address.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's the same one as the old early escape and tribute filter, I thought I read somewhere.

tugger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
best oil and air filters around.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
One of the most amusing uses of a K&N air filter I've had was the time I added one to my 09 Civic hybrid and tore out all the intake tubing and installed a custom ram air induction. There was something about the way it howled that was cute and hilarious being that it was a hybrid. My wife hated the car, but it was the first vehicle I owned after my truck so it was pretty drastic. It was spectrum pearl with a navy blue and silver interior. It was fun, I picked it up used for $9k with only 40k miles on her. I added ceramic tint and a shark fin along with that intake and clear led tail lights and led headlights. I ended up selling it a year later for $7500 so I think I got a fair use out of it for the price.

MrClortho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 ZJ, '17 JKU, '14 WK2
I use K&N filters in all of my vehicles and have for about 25 years.

In college, I had a '91 5.0L Mustang coupe with all of the bolt on performance modifications there were at the time without actually cracking open the engine block (gears, exhaust, ignition, intake manifold, etc...). I was running the stock air box and filter. I decided to build a custom ram air system with a cone style K&N mounted in the fender well. I spent a weekend shaping a metal tube smoothly and wrapping it in an inch of insulation to keep it cool, painting it, building a block off plate, etc... It was a work of art and make a great whoosh sound.

1/4 mile ET Results:
Stock air box: 13.8s @101mph
K&N ram air: 13.8s @101mph

Hahaha...

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford

In college, I had a '91 5.0L Mustang coupe with all of the bolt on performance modifications there were at the time without actually cracking open the engine block (gears, exhaust, ignition, intake manifold, etc...). I was running the stock air box and filter. I decided to build a custom ram air system with a cone style K&N mounted in the fender well. I spent a weekend shaping a metal tube smoothly and wrapping it in an inch of insulation to keep it cool, painting it, building a block off plate, etc... It was a work of art and make a great whoosh sound.

1/4 mile ET Results:

Hahaha...

1/4 mile ET Results:

Hahaha...
I used one on my first 1995 Mustang GT, but only because it actually cost me $4 less than a stock filter plus the kit so I could clean and oil it.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
That trade up deal is killing it.

If I could find a way to match it would you guys support us little folks?

Thank you

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Had one on a Mustang GT in Florida. Lots of sand made its way past the filter. Never again.

Mires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Had one on a Mustang GT in Florida. Lots of sand made its way past the filter. Never again.
Yeah, it's funny how so many people think they are such a great upgrade and have for years. There is no way to let in more air without letting in more dirt as well. There have been lots of tests over the years that proved they suck pretty bad at filtering.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, it's funny how so many people think they are such a great upgrade and have for years. There is no way to let in more air without letting in more dirt as well. There have been lots of tests over the years that proved they suck pretty bad at filtering.
Iā€™m surprised someone agreed with me. I figured Iā€™d get criticized for not loving them.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people over oil them and I've seen several check engine lights because of it. Often not cleaned as often as should be either. I no longer use them.

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
Back in 2000, I had K&N in a couple of vehicles. Oiled properly, cleaned only when needed, as over-cleaning allows more dirt through. Found fine dust on the clean side of the intake tubes on both vehicles. Trashed both K&N's, and have never thought twice about ever using that garbage again. There are plenty of far superior, good flowing filter options out there.
Sponsored