Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
More like pickup truck hell. At least at our Home Depot. Every trip guarantees a fresh dent in your vehicle.
No matter what I drive I am in the last possible spot farthest from the store. I've been pretty lucky with all my vehicles by taking the extra walk (and I need the exercise anyway).
Sponsored

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
More like pickup truck hell. At least at our Home Depot. Every trip guarantees a fresh dent in your vehicle.
I've been lucky with my truck so far. But last June on a Saturday, I happened to drive my 2015 Mustang GT to work. On the way home, I realized I needed a box of screws to start my new kitchen cabinet install on Sunday, so I stopped at HD. I was in and out in about 5 minutes. As I'm about to open my door, a guy driving out stopped and told me to be careful because there was a fresh puddle of white paint on the parking lot behind my car. I decided to take a quick look and sure enough, a big fresh puddle...that had splattered up all over the back bumper, trunk, back window, and rear quarter, all over my Deep Impact Blue paint and Matte Black stripes. After a barrage of words that fortunately no children were around to hear, I followed the trail of white to an idiot loading his truck.

I had parked out away from most everyone, but apparently not far enough, as it was evident by the paint trail, this moron was meandering his cart all over the lot, probably because he couldn't remember where he parked. (Pot is legal in CO)

I lit this guy up, so he offers to take his t-shirt off to help clean up my car. I told him stay the hell away from it. Noticed an employee watering the plants over at the garden center, told the guy not to go anywhere, and headed over to borrow the water hose. A few minutes later, I realized water alone wasn't getting the white latex primer off and that I was going to need to race home to start washing (a 20 min drive normally). I then realized the moron had taken off.

I managed to catch up to him 5 minutes up the road. He happened to be heading the same way I was. Couldn't get him to pull over to get his info, so called the cops. In the end, he lived in a different county than the one the HD and my house is in, so nothing really could be done (his county sheriff further up in the mountains is well, not known to be all that helpful)

I spent 2 hours cleaning till dark that evening, then another hour and a half the next Sunday morning, and was able to get most evidence off of everything, except the new smoke marker lights I had just installed 3 days earlier.

Mustang has never been back since. Not gonna be too willing to bring the new Ranger there for a while either, so need to get all my upcoming projects done while I still have the "old" truck.

OP
OP
PandaMotorworks

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
Will your 2.0/2.3 motor bolt up to the 10 speed transmission?
Regards
Doc
Yes they will!

Do you think this platform will see a lot of interest in built engines?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Email me at DELETED, Iā€™m interested in that motor..
Regards
Doc

Mod Edit: Please private message @PandaMotorworks your email.
Oh well...
I emailed you (panda) at your website..
Regards
Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
What are we talking about? They donā€™t sell motors, at least that I have seen...
Panda builds high performance EcoBoost motors...check out their website and YouTube motor builds...
Regards
Doc

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
I've been lucky with my truck so far. But last June on a Saturday, I happened to drive my 2015 Mustang GT to work. On the way home, I realized I needed a box of screws to start my new kitchen cabinet install on Sunday, so I stopped at HD. I was in and out in about 5 minutes. As I'm about to open my door, a guy driving out stopped and told me to be careful because there was a fresh puddle of white paint on the parking lot behind my car. I decided to take a quick look and sure enough, a big fresh puddle...that had splattered up all over the back bumper, trunk, back window, and rear quarter, all over my Deep Impact Blue paint and Matte Black stripes. After a barrage of words that fortunately no children were around to hear, I followed the trail of white to an idiot loading his truck.

I had parked out away from most everyone, but apparently not far enough, as it was evident by the paint trail, this moron was meandering his cart all over the lot, probably because he couldn't remember where he parked. (Pot is legal in CO)

I lit this guy up, so he offers to take his t-shirt off to help clean up my car. I told him stay the hell away from it. Noticed an employee watering the plants over at the garden center, told the guy not to go anywhere, and headed over to borrow the water hose. A few minutes later, I realized water alone wasn't getting the white latex primer off and that I was going to need to race home to start washing (a 20 min drive normally). I then realized the moron had taken off.

I managed to catch up to him 5 minutes up the road. He happened to be heading the same way I was. Couldn't get him to pull over to get his info, so called the cops. In the end, he lived in a different county than the one the HD and my house is in, so nothing really could be done (his county sheriff further up in the mountains is well, not known to be all that helpful)

I spent 2 hours cleaning till dark that evening, then another hour and a half the next Sunday morning, and was able to get most evidence off of everything, except the new smoke marker lights I had just installed 3 days earlier.

Mustang has never been back since. Not gonna be too willing to bring the new Ranger there for a while either, so need to get all my upcoming projects done while I still have the "old" truck.
You're lucky to be in CO. Where they don't like guns Around here you'd have been shot.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You're lucky to be in CO. Where they don't like guns Around here you'd have been shot.
Yeah..we got stand yor ground in fla...

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of guns in CO. According to himself, the most heavily armed citizen in the US--- Dragonman (Mel Bernstein) ! He has a BUTTLOAD of guns, machine guns, cannons, tanks, and an awesome military museum. 3 shooting ranges, a bunch of paintball ranges, a police tactical range, a moto-cross track, and his own hot rod collection. You can rent the machine guns (need to call ahead), suppressed machine guns...Uzi, Mac-10, MP-9...you name it, he probably owns it. And he runs a motorcycle repair business too. Great place and it's just a few miles east of Colorado Springs. Been there numerous time when I was stationed there. He's on FB and has a lot of videos...even has his own Wikipedia page :crackup:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
@PandaMotorworks I'm new to tuners and the such. I would like to know if there is a tuner that allows you to switch, with the push of a button, between the stock tune and a performance tune ? Also, could you remove the tuner, leaving the stock tune "on", so if I need to need to leave it somewhere (dealer or other to have work done) ? When I had my 04 Lightning, there was a guy that left his Lightning at the dealer, and came back the next day, only to find out one of the techs took it for a "test drive", and ran into the back of a garbage truck....I'd like to avoid one of these scenarios... Thanks !!
If you use a Cobb...you may have 5 tunes in there...all you have to do is select (for ie )1,2,3,4,5...but remember it might take a while for the tuner to respond to ECU adaptation....

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
Plenty of guns in CO. According to himself, the most heavily armed citizen in the US--- Dragonman (Mel Bernstein) ! He has a BUTTLOAD of guns, machine guns, cannons, tanks, and an awesome military museum. 3 shooting ranges, a bunch of paintball ranges, a police tactical range, a moto-cross track, and his own hot rod collection. You can rent the machine guns (need to call ahead), suppressed machine guns...Uzi, Mac-10, MP-9...you name it, he probably owns it. And he runs a motorcycle repair business too. Great place and it's just a few miles east of Colorado Springs. Been there numerous time when I was stationed there. He's on FB and has a lot of videos...even has his own Wikipedia page :crackup:
When I go to see
When I go to see my white water rafting friend in Broomfield I'll I'll look him up.

OP
OP
PandaMotorworks

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
Panda builds high performance EcoBoost motors...check out their website and YouTube motor builds...
Regards
Doc
Thanks Doc for the recommendation.

Scotty J

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2012 BMW R1200GSA - 1972 Honda CB750 Four
Occupation
CADD Designer, Survey Technician
Tune, intake, exhaust (if any come out that don't make it sound like a hive), Peragon cover (they're working on one right now for the short bed), cross bars on the bed for a RTT (KBVoodoo), and some lighting. I do a lot of hiking and camping so...Also ordering some SW900 vinyl this week to wrap the hood, roof, bed cover (when I get it) and tailgate.
Thanks for alerting me to Peragon!

tugger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
I hunt and fish, that's the main reason why I always have a pick- up truck.Serves my life style well!!!!
Sponsored