The New Bronco Should Take customers from Toyota and GM

Broncofan303

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
I have been a fan of Jeep Wranglers and Grand Cherokee's vehicles despite their short comings - luggage space, fuel economy, third row (lack of) and electronic issues. Therefore, I've owned several Toyota's because GM and Ford never had a vehicle (outside a full-size truck) that could cater to sport utility 4x4 customer. Don't sell me an Escape or Explorer, they aren't what an outdoor sports enthusiast is looking for. The Ford Bronco G6 concept images that I just reviewed are amazing and watch out GM and watch out Toyota, because this new Bronco looks masculine, looks like a go anywhere, do anything, rugged and ready for action. Please make sure that there is enough towing power (biggest problem with the 4Runner) and make sure that there is good enough MPG ratings and you will have a huge customer following in my opinion.
Sponsored

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't sell me an Escape or Explorer, they aren't what an outdoor sports enthusiast is looking for. The Ford Bronco G6 concept images that I just reviewed are amazing and watch out GM and watch out Toyota, because this new Bronco looks masculine, looks like a go anywhere, do anything, rugged and ready for action. Please make sure that there is enough towing power (biggest problem with the 4Runner) and make sure that there is good enough MPG ratings and you will have a huge customer following in my opinion.
The official preview teaser of the Bronco from Ford shows an upright boxy shape so I think they'll nail it styling wise. And with a V6 EcoBoost I think it should have good towing power... perhaps even class leading, which isn't hard considering the Wrangler and 4Runner don't tow much.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... And with a V6 EcoBoost I think it should have good towing power... perhaps even class leading, which isn't hard considering the Wrangler and 4Runner don't tow much.
Short wheelbases with high centers of gravity tend to offer poor towing ratings, for safety reasons. Top that with pliant suspension for off-road capability and you're not left with much.

As much as I'd like the Bronco to be able to tow a moderate sized toy trailer, I'd rather have it retain its own off-road capability and I'll leave the towing to a HD truck.

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Short wheelbases with high centers of gravity tend to offer poor towing ratings, for safety reasons. Top that with pliant suspension for off-road capability and you're not left with much.

As much as I'd like the Bronco to be able to tow a moderate sized toy trailer, I'd rather have it retain its own off-road capability and I'll leave the towing to a HD truck.
Absolutely I'd personally care much more about off-road ability than towing. My point was just that I wouldn't be surprised if the Bronco tow rating ends up class leading since its competitors' tow ratings are nothing to brag about.

As for how it compares in MPG to Wrangler and 4Runner, that will come down to exactly which engine(s) the Bronco gets and how it's geared.

Tommmay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI Countryman
Resale value! That will make a significant difference on how well the Bronco can steal sales away from Jeep Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner.
Sponsored