HighFivenWhiteGuy

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Fair point, but I am not suggesting that they speed up production just for the sake of time, but rather that presented with a good alternative or near match to what I ordered I have no problem purchasing it instead of the truck I ordered.

Besides, this may provide me with a better fitting vehicle. My order is for magnetic, but after driving to work today past countless cars who's colors range from black to grey to white I realized the last thing I want is a depressing color car, especially here in the PNW where grey skies are the norm. I need some color! Hot pepper red may be too much so I will have to see it in person, but it is nice to know that the option is there.

If you are a patient person then of course it makes sense to stay the course and allow Ford to do its job and produce a quality vehicle with all the bugs worked out. But if you are willing to do that why not wait until all the bugs are REALLY worked out and production has been refined, as in the 2020 Ranger? That's assuming the 2020 MY is just an updated 2019.
Sponsored

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
Something else that probably comes into play is what's called wholesale allocation. Bigger volume dealers get more allocation and more often than smaller volume dealers, so that could be some of the reason why some of you seem to be waiting so long.

Frankly, I'm not seeing these long waits on Rangers that we're ordering, like I'm seeing some of you talking about. We have retail stock orders place 3rd week of December that are already in transit and due in next week.

My personal order was placed this past Wednesday, and a VIN was assigned Friday, with a build scheduled the week of April 1st. I'll keep on top of it to see how things progress, but based on watching/tracking custom orders over the years for my customers, I expect the build date to end up actually being that week, unless some issue with parts supply comes up.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Frankly, I'm not seeing these long waits on Rangers that we're ordering, like I'm seeing some of you talking about. We have retail stock orders place 3rd week of December that are already in transit and due in next week.
That's great for your order, but there are a lot of us with retail orders that have been waiting for several months. Me personally since Nov 5th.

I suspect that some of these faster deliveries quoted are simply dealers modifying existing stock orders already in the queue to get a customized vehicle delivered faster.

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
Is your dealership smaller? Are there other dealers in Florida having the same issues with the Rangers? It could also be a regional thing.

There are certainly regions that Ford sends certain types of vehicles to faster and with more frequency. For example, Mustangs hit warmer states like Fla at a better pace than some of the northern states. Trucks in general sell better in certain states and therefore frequency and inventory is much stronger in those states compared with others. Texas, for example is probably the biggest seller of F series nationwide, and as well as trucks sell in Colorado, in recent years, we don't see enough coming in, but Texas always has good inventory and therefore dealers price them super low, even the rare decked out F450s.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Is your dealership smaller? Are there other dealers in Florida having the same issues with the Rangers? It could also be a regional thing.

There are certainly regions that Ford sends certain types of vehicles to faster and with more frequency. For example, Mustangs hit warmer states like Fla at a better pace than some of the northern states. Trucks in general sell better in certain states and therefore frequency and inventory is much stronger in those states compared with others. Texas, for example is probably the biggest seller of F series nationwide, and as well as trucks sell in Colorado, in recent years, we don't see enough coming in, but Texas always has good inventory and therefore dealers price them super low, even the rare decked out F450s.
I ordered the third week of December, got my ROVP the following week and my build isn't even scheduled until 3/15. I'm not sure what else could have been done to accelerate that timeline from my dealer's perspective. And I'm in Oregon - we sell a lot of trucks here too.

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
I ordered the third week of December, got my ROVP the following week and my build isn't even scheduled until 3/15. I'm not sure what else could have been done to accelerate that timeline from my dealer's perspective. And I'm in Oregon - we sell a lot of trucks here too.
Iā€™m in Colorado and my dealer decided to order mine stock the end of October. It reached Denver for a Ford off load inspection and I am supposed to get it up North Wed.

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
Iā€™m in Colorado and my dealer decided to order mine stock the end of October. It reached Denver for a Ford off load inspection and I am supposed to get it up North Wed.
They are showing up here at many dealers as stock orders but if they get to the floor they only remain for part of a day. You might consider buying in Colorado.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer wonā€™t honor my $750 preorder incentive if I were to switch to a dealer stock Ranger I was looking at.

It was already $3,500 more, another $750 increase would push it over the $400/monthly payments I was aiming for.

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
I found one I like in stock at a dealer in Denver. I live in DC. My local dealer said it would cost $1200 to transfer it here. You all know of any better way? Short of flying to Denver and driving it home.
Iā€™ll drive it back there for you for a whole lot less than what they offered for transfer costs, plus plane flight cost.

Bryan

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flagstaffactionshooters.org
Vehicle(s)
Sold '96 Ford Ranger to get a '19 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone ordered a Ranger then decided to buy a Ranger that was later on the lot? The dealership I am going through doesn't even have a VIN yet for my order but will have an almost identical truck to mine on their lot by the end of the month.

Was the dealer willing to apply your deposit towards the lot truck? What about any negotiated discounts?

I offered to buy the one they got and they wouldn't deal on it.... so I'm going to wait for the one I ordered.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up ordering a magnetic XL (101A, FX4, STX, 360, Tow, Sliding Rear Window) for $35.5k. Originally the dealer found the exact match at another dealer they trade with but it sold just before we could get to it. Everything else available is XLTs in the $40k range. So here I am, on the waiting list!

Cntrl Cstr

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super cab (Sabre), 2016 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired Aerospace Geek
Learning quite a bit from this thread.

I placed my order on Aug 30 and the dealers rep gave me the FMC order status link on Dec 21. FMC had assigned a VIN and when I checked it that day the delivery date was Feb 14. About two weeks later it slipped to Feb 21 and about two weeks after that it slipped to Mar 24. I talked to my guy at the dealer and he seemed to think they were having supply problems for Lariats.

About two weeks ago FMC's system changed the delivery date to N/A. That really freaked me out... Went down and talked to my guy again and he tried to sell me a black, in stock Crew cab at their invoice. The deal we had already made was $200 over invoice so there was a small incentive (not enough) to give up what I ordered. I want the 6' bed and really don't want to deal with keeping a black truck presentable. So I'm going to hang until FMC can get it done.

So someone mentioned a $750 pre-order cash bonus??? I have no info on that. Is that an FMC offer???

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
I went to my local dealer and told him exactly what I waned. He looked up incoming Dealer orders and found me what I wanted. Mid-March it arrives!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Learning quite a bit from this thread.

I placed my order on Aug 30 and the dealers rep gave me the FMC order status link on Dec 21. FMC had assigned a VIN and when I checked it that day the delivery date was Feb 14. About two weeks later it slipped to Feb 21 and about two weeks after that it slipped to Mar 24. I talked to my guy at the dealer and he seemed to think they were having supply problems for Lariats.

About two weeks ago FMC's system changed the delivery date to N/A. That really freaked me out... Went down and talked to my guy again and he tried to sell me a black, in stock Crew cab at their invoice. The deal we had already made was $200 over invoice so there was a small incentive (not enough) to give up what I ordered. I want the 6' bed and really don't want to deal with keeping a black truck presentable. So I'm going to hang until FMC can get it done.

So someone mentioned a $750 pre-order cash bonus??? I have no info on that. Is that an FMC offer???
You would have been eligible since you preordered before January 2nd 2019.

Unfortunately since you didnā€™t generate a code before that date you arenā€™t technically eligible for that incentive anymore.

OP
OP
HighFivenWhiteGuy

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I ended up buying dealer stock and couldn't be happier. Getting my deposit back from the other dealer may prove difficult but the dealer I bought from was very willing to negotiate. For some reason a lot of dealers seem much more willing to offer discounts recently.

Anyways, for those waiting on orders if you can negotiate a good price my advice is to do whatever gets you your Ranger faster.
Sponsored