Leveling kit with stock wheels

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Anyone running a 2.5 inch level with the stock 17 or 18 inch wheels? Would like to see if the stock wheel offset have the same rubbing issues that aftermarket wheels have at the front and rear crash bars when sizing up to 265/70's specifically on the 17 inch wheels.. thanks
Sponsored

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
Anyone running a 2.5 inch level with the stock 17 or 18 inch wheels? Would like to see if the stock wheel offset have the same rubbing issues that aftermarket wheels have at the front and rear crash bars when sizing up to 265/70's specifically on the 17 inch wheels.. thanks
I seriously doubt you will have any issues, even at the stock height. I had stock 265/60R18 stock and at full lock I remember having around an inch clearance front and back. With a 2.5" level you would have even more. Watch how aggressive your sidewall is going to be, you only have about 3/4" between the knuckle and the tire on top. Here is a pic with the stock tires and level.
gXTIoYg7SYOnxxaCLDgp4EgDV1J709O1wsRi__mpBaY0MXYiHipiHgu-by8f3hQIDj4DFbHJenNNuuxHUJ=w1403-h789-no.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I seriously doubt you will have any issues, even at the stock height. I had stock 265/60R18 stock and at full lock I remember having around an inch clearance front and back. With a 2.5" level you would have even more. Watch how agressive your sidewall is gonig to be, you only have about 3/4" between the knucke and the tire on top. Here is a pic with the stock tires and level.
Thanks for the advice man. Thinking about ko2's so hopefully they clear the knuckle if I only step up in height rather than width of the tire. How does your angles for the suspension look after installing the level? Pretty close to factory yet?

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I seriously doubt you will have any issues, even at the stock height. I had stock 265/60R18 stock and at full lock I remember having around an inch clearance front and back. With a 2.5" level you would have even more. Watch how agressive your sidewall is gonig to be, you only have about 3/4" between the knucke and the tire on top. Here is a pic with the stock tires and level.
See no pic

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
Thanks for the advice man. Thinking about ko2's so hopefully they clear the knuckle if I only step up in height rather than width of the tire. How does your angles for the suspension look after installing the level? Pretty close to factory yet?
As far as angles go, I had it aligned and there wasn't any need for any kind of aftermarket camber kits. It aligned just fine with the level.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
As far as angles go, I had it aligned and there wasn't any need for any kind of aftermarket camber kits. It aligned just fine with the level.
Sounds good man thanks. Now just to see if anyone levels their truck with the stock 17's and a tire upgrade or if I'll be the first

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Sounds good man thanks. Now just to see if anyone levels their truck with the stock 17's and a tire upgrade or if I'll be the first
Depends who gets their truck first.. ;) I have the tires and level ready and waiting...:tumbleweed:

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Depends who gets their truck first.. ;) I have the tires and level ready and waiting...:tumbleweed:
You'll probably beat me since my truck is still waiting to ship yet! Hopefully yours is farther along than mine, Be sure to post up a few pics!

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
You'll probably beat me since my truck is still waiting to ship yet! Hopefully yours is farther along than mine, Be sure to post up a few pics!
Hah, nah mines still N/A on the delivery. It was built on 2/8 and went for its bed liner that week. So its anyone's guess as to when ill get it.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Hah, nah mines still N/A on the delivery. It was built on 2/8 and went for its bed liner that week. So its anyone's guess as to when ill get it.
Dang! My estimated delivery is set for 3/13 so we'll see how accurate it is. Already been pushed back once :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored