• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

SubVette

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired,

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L 4wd; 2009 Mercury Mariner Base 3.0 V6 awd: 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 1980 Kawasaki: KZ 750E

JimBob

First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 DRW FX4
Occupation
Industrial
I'm not in the know but just reading and guessing. The main reason for building the Ranger and Bronco at the same place would be sharing platforms and parts for cost savings. From what I've read the Bronco is an all new platform and total vehicle. The current Ranger is like nine years old. I'm guessing the Bronco and 6G Ranger concept has been in the works for many years. This could mean they built a production line to build the Australian Ranger in North America just to get it on the market, why not it's been proven in Australia. They had to hurry and bring it over and get it selling to help return sales from all the cars they quit making and selling. With the next generation Ranger in the works it only makes since they share the same platform. The Bronco Truck and Ranger would be as simple as different cab and bed. Minimal Cost and effort to change. It could virtually run down the same assembly line, cutting cost. Looking at how few Jeep Gladiators are selling that would be optimum in cost savings. I think after the Broncos get caught up the new Ranger will come out with the same platform and engine choices and the ranger will become an off-road beast as well. Just my opinion.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L 4wd; 2009 Mercury Mariner Base 3.0 V6 awd: 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 1980 Kawasaki: KZ 750E
I'm not in the know but just reading and guessing. The main reason for building the Ranger and Bronco at the same place would be sharing platforms and parts for cost savings. From what I've read the Bronco is an all new platform and total vehicle. The current Ranger is like nine years old. I'm guessing the Bronco and 6G Ranger concept has been in the works for many years. This could mean they built a production line to build the Australian Ranger in North America just to get it on the market, why not it's been proven in Australia. They had to hurry and bring it over and get it selling to help return sales from all the cars they quit making and selling. With the next generation Ranger in the works it only makes since they share the same platform. The Bronco Truck and Ranger would be as simple as different cab and bed. Minimal Cost and effort to change. It could virtually run down the same assembly line, cutting cost. Looking at how few Jeep Gladiators are selling that would be optimum in cost savings. I think after the Broncos get caught up the new Ranger will come out with the same platform and engine choices and the ranger will become an off-road beast as well. Just my opinion.
The 5G (current) Ranger was designed and debuted in Australia, and produced globally except North America. When Ford made the decision to end vehicle production in Australia (GM & Toyota did as well), stamping and assembly tooling was shipped to the US, and adapted for left hand drive, US emissions and crash standards. As the 2.3l EcoBoost was already EPA certified, that became the only engine offered here. Ford now sources Australian Rangers from Thailand, The Bronco rides on two different frame variations, the Ranger on another. Modifications to the existing frame include accommodating the 2,7L V6, but I doubt the 6G Ranger frame is a total clean sheet design.

JimBob

First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 DRW FX4
Occupation
Industrial
The 5G (current) Ranger was designed and debuted in Australia, and produced globally except North America. When Ford made the decision to end vehicle production in Australia (GM & Toyota did as well), stamping and assembly tooling was shipped to the US, and adapted for left hand drive, US emissions and crash standards. As the 2.3l EcoBoost was already EPA certified, that became the only engine offered here. Ford now sources Australian Rangers from Thailand, The Bronco rides on two different frame variations, the Ranger on another. Modifications to the existing frame include accommodating the 2,7L V6, but I doubt the 6G Ranger frame is a total clean sheet design.
If all the2021 Ranger is doing is accommodating for the 2.7l then I personally think another change isn't far behind. I think eventually it and the Bronco end up with same or very similar frame before long for cost savings. I think these two vehicles being built at the same place isn't coincidence. I'm betting this new 6G design has had the Bronco frame in mind and design for a long time. It would be cool to see if the Ranger ends up with the manual transmission to go with the 2.3l. I think the manual 7 speed is going too need to be in more vehicles than the few that opt for it in the Bronco in order to stay around and be cost effective to produce. One thing for sure, the future for the Ranger looks pretty awesome.

Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If all the2021 Ranger is doing is accommodating for the 2.7l then I personally think another change isn't far behind. I think eventually it and the Bronco end up with same or very similar frame before long for cost savings. I think these two vehicles being built at the same place isn't coincidence. I'm betting this new 6G design has had the Bronco frame in mind and design for a long time. It would be cool to see if the Ranger ends up with the manual transmission to go with the 2.3l. I think the manual 7 speed is going too need to be in more vehicles than the few that opt for it in the Bronco in order to stay around and be cost effective to produce. One thing for sure, the future for the Ranger looks pretty awesome.
The 2.7L is not destined for the 5G 2021 0or 2022 Ranger as of this posting, but likely available for the 6G for 2023. I stand by what I said in post #93. You can click on that post and be directed to the article.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
New renders based on the leaked design. Thanks to T-dubz from the Blue Oval Forums
Finally a render with mirrors on it! Most OEMs forget to add mirrors to early renders and auto-show prototypes.

My understanding is that the Aussie's are in charge of the next Ranger...likely North American Ranger is pushed out to 2024...Stateside nose job in 2021 maybe but... Fellow that provide this info is retiring at the end of 2020... Have initiated other contacts inside the company... Alleged is the next generation is on the Bronco Frame.... Way too far away for this to be taken with less than a whole salt shaker of salt....
Last I had heard is that there was "Something" being changed for 2021 -- this was from about February.

Anyone got info on a possible new model code/program number? From what i see on my end, Ford tends to not assign a new numbers if its a face-lift, but assigns a new program number if it is. IE: The explorer was U502 in 2011, and just recently got updated to U625 for the 2020 model. Usually OEMs dont change up the out-side mirrors for a model's face-lift unless the tooling has been worn out -- in that case they seem to just get some minor changes to the A-surface and mountings so the styling matches a bit better -- New tooling for the same part has to get PPAPed the same as an adjusted part.

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Looks to me that this was the Maverick. Look at the headlights in the leaked pics of the Maverick and the headlights here.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Any interior photos yet??
Sponsored