• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Looks to me like the sheet metal in the box bulges out in the corners. Please tell me those are stake pockets. :clap:

Ford Ranger First 2023 Ranger prototype spotted!! [UPDATED with more close-up photos] Inked2023-Ford-Ranger-Spied-12_LI
Sponsored

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
I think I spotted one today on the way home from Ann Arbor on I94. Couldn’t get a pic.

Bertbronco

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Occupation
MFG
UPDATE:

We've captured additional close-up photos of the 2023 Ranger prototype which show details of the front end, headlights and suspension bits.

See the top of the first post for additional pics. :like:
why do you call it a 23? I thought the new Ranger was coming out in 2022. I thought the reveal was happening later this year?

Sponsored

Bertbronco

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Occupation
MFG
That is just not accurate, because those photos were taken exactly TWO YEARS, NOT ONE. I say that, because it gives a very false impression of the product development going on behind the scenes with P703.

P703 design approval was 2 years ago at that point in time, which is why you saw such a leak and the associated corporate anger at the leak, resulted in extreme hiding of U725 VP1s all of 2019.

It has been withheld from exposure just the same, which COVID-19 negatively affected. New Ranger will now launch close to global truck, at Wayne Plant. I know Job 1 now, but can't disclose it, because I don't want to risk being the sole source of such information.

Wasn't "last year", it's actually been 2 full years. That was shown in a local Australian clinic in January 2019.

When I told many of the folks on Bronco6G that the U725 and CX430 final designs were completed in mid-2018, they didn't want to believe me.

Development takes a very long time, that what is new today, was fully drafted in that same shape years ago by our design team. The next Ranger design was approved by management half a year after the Bronco. The first P703 VP1s were built months ago.
Is the Ranger launching this year? Any idea when reveal will be? I thought this was going to be a 22 model and launch end of 2021

John B+9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
UPDATE:

We've captured additional close-up photos of the 2023 Ranger prototype which show details of the front end, headlights and suspension bits.

See the top of the first post for additional pics. :like:
Very nice. Thank you! (BTW, first post. Jumped over here from Bronco6g. Thanks for being here!)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2016 Lincoln MKX, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
I think I spotted one today on the way home from Ann Arbor on I94. Couldn’t get a pic.
My take is that Hancook is toast....Goodyear Wranglers seem to be the OEM tire. Fuel drain is SOP....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Reitred

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L 4wd; 2009 Mercury Mariner Base 3.0 V6 awd: 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 1980 Kawasaki: KZ 750E
Is the Ranger launching this year? Any idea when reveal will be? I thought this was going to be a 22 model and launch end of 2021
Both.
The last I read on Blue Oval Forums and Ford Authority was the Global Ranger would launch ahead of the North American Ranger. The NA version was set to launch the fall of 2022 as a 2023 model year. Now there is a stop ship on the Mach E for quality check, Bronco Sports held at Hermosillo, F150s sitting at KC and Dearborn for quality checks, so who knows for sure?

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Nice! Curious what the interior will look like? I'm hoping to see a 12-inch screen with SYNC 4 (as an option) and nicer design/quality with the redesign. What does everyone else think?

Sponsored

Steve Boehm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Jeep Cherokee and 03 Grand Marquis
Occupation
Director of Information Technology
Nice! Curious what the interior will look like? I'm hoping to see a 12-inch screen with SYNC 4 (as an option) and nicer design/quality with the redesign. What does everyone else think?
That's one of the reasons I'm waiting for the new model. Updated "gadgets" and the possibility of a twin-turbo V6.

A bonus will be the updated exterior styling to fit in with the current truck line.

Otherwise, I'd be ordering a 2021 Tremor in Rapid Red.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L 4wd; 2009 Mercury Mariner Base 3.0 V6 awd: 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 1980 Kawasaki: KZ 750E
8" screen is plenty for me. Longer armrest, standard heated mirrors & rear window defrost, less hard plastic and a Voodoo V8 option would be nice!

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Nice! Curious what the interior will look like? I'm hoping to see a 12-inch screen with SYNC 4 (as an option) and nicer design/quality with the redesign.
8" screen is plenty for me.
8 or 12, doesn't really matter to me. What REALLY matters is whether it is in dash or stuck on like a tablet. The new trend of placing tablets on the dash makes me :puke:. Looks like an afterthought.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
8 or 12, doesn't really matter to me. What REALLY matters is whether it is in dash or stuck on like a tablet. The new trend of placing tablets on the dash makes me :puke:. Looks like an afterthought.
I agree with you partially on this. It just depends on the type of car that you put the tablet-style screen in and how well you do it. The Escape's screen setup isn't bad, but the ones on the Explorer just look tacky (that and the weird fake exhaust pipes). This tablet screen design trend should just stay in the compact car/SUV segment. The trucks should keep their (whatever size) screens integrated into the center stack since it looks more akin to something a truck would use.
Sponsored