Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome!

Great pics!

I have driven through Salt Lake City many times and have hoteled in Ogden and golfed and briefly stayed in Draper. Beautiful country!
Hi Gary,

There are many bottle necks in traveling. Chicago, Salt Lake, Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisico, Indianapolis etc. Having traveled in our RV to all 48 lower states...We try to avoid these bottle necks if possible. I probably missed some as my memory fades...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Reactions: Doc

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Hi Gary,

There are many bottle necks in traveling. Chicago, Salt Lake, Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisico, Indianapolis etc. Having traveled in our RV to all 48 lower states...We try to avoid these bottle necks if possible. I probably missed some as my memory fades...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
It was always a long drive through Salt Lake City, it seemed like it would take forever. We used to lodge in Ogden going north, because we always wanted to make it all the way passed SLC so we did not have to deal with the morning rush hour traffic. and make it to Provo going south for the same reason..

Indianapolis I think we always took the ring road, Chicago was always the destination so no problems there, San Francisco was just so marvelous, I never noticed the traffic.

I never made it to LA, but was close, (San Bernardino) the smog was so bad where we were, we could not wait to get to Palm Springs.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Lorain!
Thunderchicken and Econoline plant closed. We always stayed in Elyria. Uncle in Vermilion I visited. E450 Chassis Cab still out of Avon Lake. Avon Lake used to build all the Econoline bodies and there was a fleet of special trucks that shuttled the bodies to Lorain Assembly. A weird setup.

RangerD

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger xlt sport 4x4
Occupation
Elevator Tech
My 2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4