First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Nice shots everybody, we've been socked in under an inversion so nothing but grey and hoar frost.
Luckily next several days the inversion will break and snow will replace it.

inversion.jpg

hoar frost.jpg

Last edited:

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Desert Sunset

IMG_3529.jpg
We had a beautiful sunset also....but I bet your A LOT warmer....I'm jealous! I must admit, I love Colorado but I miss Texas winters :sun:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We had a beautiful sunset also....but I bet your A LOT warmer....I'm jealous! I must admit, I love Colorado but I miss Texas winters :sun:
Warmer then CO yes but not warm by my standards. It's been mid 60's/mid 30's here which is still better then one I was living in MA. Once you get use to the heat these temps are now freezing! ?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Warmer then CO yes but not warm by my standards. It's been mid 60's/mid 30's here which is still better then one I was living in MA. Once you get use to the heat these temps are now freezing! ?
Scary thing is we get cold enough here that when it warms up to freezing in the mornings (32 instead of 16), it feels like summer....lol. Funny how even a native Texan can get used to the Colorado winters ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Scary thing is we get cold enough here that when it warms up to freezing in the mornings (32 instead of 16), it feels like summer....lol. Funny how even a native Texan can get used to the Colorado winters ?
Back in MA a 60* day felt a lot warmer than it does here, I'd be out in a t shirt. Even my gf says it feels colder here than Chicago at 60 but it is much drier here. You get so use to the warm dry heat that anything below 70 is cold now. Or I'm just becoming a wimp! ?

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
My Reddit secret Santa Christmas card :)
9BBA46B8-02AA-43CC-AD49-E4E8B56D5A99.jpeg

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Back in MA a 60* day felt a lot warmer than it does here, I'd be out in a t shirt. Even my gf says it feels colder here than Chicago at 60 but it is much drier here. You get so use to the warm dry heat that anything below 70 is cold now. Or I'm just becoming a wimp! ?
Dave...not to change the subject in this thread....:giggle:....but, with my tuner, can I load a tune, try it out, go back to the house, load another one, take a test drive, go back to the house, load another one.....you get the picture....is that ok to do?....may sound silly but I don't want to mess up my Ranger since I'm new to this tuning thing,

Reactions: Doc

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about the warm winter has made me homesick a bit....haven't felt that way in a while.....
Through on some George Strait (Mrs. Quail Guy is a BIG fan...seen him 19 times live...lol), anyway...listening to songs like "Texas"....."Somewhere Down In Texas" and "I Can't See Texas From Here"....makes me really miss the Lone Star State....heck we grew up on the beach and I haven't had sand between my toes since 2011. If you guys and gals only knew how many sharks we have tagged as part of the NMFS program over the years....I miss that kind of fishing so much! You have not lived till you tag and release a 6 foot plus shark, at night on the beach, by yourself.....in knee deep water ?
We kayak out big horse mullet for bait and wait....
Also kayak fish in the surf for all kinds of large offshore species that frequent the beach front in the summer time.
If you want to see the kind of fishing I grew up with check out this website, specifically the surf fishing message board:
www.2coolfishing.com
You can also check out this website if your ever interested in a guided shark adventure on the south Texas coast....this guy Eric "OZ" Ozolins is a shark fishing legend....
www.extremecoast.com
I'll have to dig out some old pictures.....Anyway, nothing like the Texas coast!

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
The Mrs. new car headed back to the dealer. Spent the last 2 months in the shop waiting on a transmission. Had it back 2 days and it puked another transmission. Trying to get this thing lemon lawed as we speak. If we can get out of it, I told her she can have any car she wants as long as it has a blue oval on it.
IMG_5063.jpg
Sponsored