First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired USAF pilot
10-4. Cactus Grey is polarizing like a '73 Monte Carlo: either you love it or hate it. Cactus Grey looked cool on the Bronco Sport Outer banks I saw, but it might be too much blah green/blue/grey (whatever you see) on a Ranger. I still like it, but I might play my conservative card when I order my '21 Supercab and get Velocity Blue or Carbonized Grey. I hope to see more Cactus on the road before I order in February.
My dealer doesn't show any '21 Rangers coming any time soon; 22 2020 Rangers to move first, I guess. All are SuperCrews, none have FX4. I want a SuperCab and FX4 Hope Ford gets the Ranger Build & Price up soon.
If your Bronco or Ranger is always covered in dirt/mud...and eventually all scratched up....like it’s supposed to be....who cares what color it is underneath....?

Last edited:

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Posted by the folks at Bronco6g, here's our first look of the Ranger in it's new for 2021 paint color, Cactus Gray. (Also Iconic Silver on Ranger to the far right and Velocity Blue in the background)

Strangely, I think the color looks better on the Ranger than Bronco. This certainly isn't the shade that was presented with the Bronco showcase vehicle (pictures posted below), and i'm not a fan of boring asphalt colored cars. Surely this will be a hot seller as truck owners love to have their vehicle look like concrete for the extra faux-rugged appearance.

Do note that factory lighting has a tendency to wash out colors a bit.

Ranger in Cactus.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Employee Roundup 117467227_655201575182640_3226994505222005227_n.jpg

bingo.jpg
I guess I am Hot Pepper Red snob...

Toph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Gray Ranger 301a, FX4
Occupation
Teacher
Ok, It's back on my list. The 17" Magnetic wheels & wheel opening accents along with the OWL tires (which I normally don't care for) help balance it out. Nicer IMO than the Black AppearancePackage in the first photo.

But if they just would've made Area 51 available...
edit: The Ranger looks like it is coming off of a roll on-roll off ship:question:
I agree. The CG lip moldings don't look as good as the magnetic lip moldings. The gray really helps balance things, as you said.

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
I think it is a great color. Love my Race Red, but Cactus Gray would be a competitor if I was buying new today.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here's a new video with the Ranger in Cactus Gray, Carbonized Gray and Velocity Blue. I really like the VB and it was always on my list for my Bronco. Now I might have to ditch the OJ White for it. ?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Here's another picture of a CG Ranger taken outside of MAP. It's definitely a color that will change a lot with lighting but this one really brings out more of the grayish/green tone.

CG Ranger.jpg

CG Ranger2.jpg
I personally love it. It looks great on the Ranger. If they had offered that color when I was deciding on Saber.......

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I personally love it. It looks great on the Ranger. If they had offered that color when I was deciding on Saber.......
It's really a hard color to read until you see it in person, I still haven't. I still love our Saber color and would've only went with the Lighting Blue if I hadn't found this one. The Velocity Blue looks really nice in the video and can't wait to see them in person on the Bronco.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
It's really a hard color to read until you see it in person, I still haven't. I still love our Saber color and would've only went with the Lighting Blue if I hadn't found this one. The Velocity Blue looks really nice in the video and can't wait to see them in person on the Bronco.
I still would have picked Saber. I LOVE it. Green and blue are my favorite colors. In some pictures the Cactus Gray looks white, but the ones you posted look green. If it looks like that in person, it would be beautiful. If I were a rich person, I would have one in every color! :clap: I haven’t seen an ugly Ranger yet!:inlove:

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
When I first saw the colors for the BS, I was set on Cyber Orange to go with my Saber Ranger. But since it is only available with the BadLands pkg, and I think I would rather have the OuterBanks pkg, I need to pick another color. The BS would replace my Deep Impact Blue '15 Escape. After seeing the pictures here, I think CG is a contender.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Thanks for the video, Dave. The Carbonized Grey is definitely off my personal list; much lighter than the Magnetic it replaces (brief cameo to the far right of the VBlue at 4:39 in your clip) and doesn't seem to have a tint to help "lift" it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks for the video, Dave. The Carbonized Grey is definitely off my personal list; much lighter than the Magnetic it replaces (brief cameo to the far right of the VBlue at 4:39 in your clip) and doesn't seem to have a tint to help "lift" it.
It looks like it has less black in the paint. It's still a nice color but I do like the Magnetic more. Some of these new colors will have to be seen in person and in different lighting.

2021 Bronco Carbonized Gray Badlands 2 Door.jpg

CG Day.jpg

CG Night.jpg

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Since I have a Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1 on order, I have been wanting to see Cactus grey in person. They are the same paint code. A local dealer had this Bronco sport on the lot. I did not see the green tint that so many pictures have shown.
Also, I sat in a Bronco Sport that was in the show room. It felt much bigger than my Ranger on the inside. It had the vista roof and had a lot of head room.

Bronco Sport in Grey for web.jpg
colors 20201210_004808.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Since I have a Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1 on order, I have been wanting to see Cactus grey in person. They are the same paint code. A local dealer had this Bronco sport on the lot. I did not see the green tint that so many pictures have shown.
Also, I sat in a Bronco Sport that was in the show room. It felt much bigger than my Ranger on the inside. It had the vista roof and had a lot of head room.

Bronco Sport in Grey for web.jpg
colors 20201210_004808.jpg
It must be a retina thing. Like those eye tests with the colored dots; some see one number, others a different number, still others no number.
To my eyes, the photo you uploaded vividly shows the green hue of Cactus Grey!

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer got a Cactus Gray Ranger w/ Sport Appearance Package. I like the color with the Sport Appearance Package but I don't think chrome would look good on it tho.

20201228_113733.jpg

20201228_113722.jpg

20201228_113756.jpg

20201228_113744.jpg
Sponsored