HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
I love your build. Do you have a showcase page? Apologies—I’m still learning how to use all the features on this forum.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I love your build. Do you have a showcase page? Apologies—I’m still learning how to use all the features on this forum.
Thanks! I'm not sure what a showcase page is? Edit, I literally have never clicked on showcase at the top lol. I may have to make one of those soon.

speedczar

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Trucker
Great looking Truck, great build..

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
So glad to see someone building their own rack instead of spending $1500+ on one
errr... if you can't weld you have little choice

Dude had help of several buddies and another buddy with a fabrication shop

Last edited:
OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
errr... if you can't weld you have little choice

Dude had help of several buddies and another buddy with a fabrication shop
Yes sir, I was definitely lucky enough to have a cousin in the field. He and his buddy put it together for me.

Stephen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Logistics
@HoosierT - I recently purchased a Ranger after months of lurking here, and am picking out wheels/tires (suspension is 7 weeks out).

Since Fuel wheels are 9" vs stock (8"), and the 20mm offset nearly the width increase out, why did you choose to change wheels when the BFG 285/70/17's can accept the stock width?

I'm sure you have answered this in other pages, and tried to find it beforehand :)

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@HoosierT - I recently purchased a Ranger after months of lurking here, and am picking out wheels/tires (suspension is 7 weeks out).

Since Fuel wheels are 9" vs stock (8"), and the 20mm offset nearly the width increase out, why did you choose to change wheels when the BFG 285/70/17's can accept the stock width?

I'm sure you have answered this in other pages, and tried to find it beforehand :)
You’re totally fine. I still have less backspacing with the new wheels even though they’re wider. The backspacing is really what matters when trying to stuff bigger tires as the stock backspacing won’t work. On why I chose it, I wasn’t really concerned with width, I just found the wheel I liked with the proper backspacing and went with it. I hope that helps, if not feel free to ask.

Stephen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Logistics
On why I chose it, I wasn’t really concerned with width, I just found the wheel I liked with the proper backspacing and went with it.
This helps as I am trying to "buy once" for immediate use (lots of highway driving with added clearance- 255/75 or 80) and want to the ability to run a wider tire (285/70) in the future - with only cutting/replacing the front bumper crash bars (lifted 2.5-2.75"), and avoiding the 0 offset poke. This led me to 8"/8.5" wheels with 20 or 25 mm offset to get the right backspacing (5.3-5.7"), and am double checking my math before buying.

I've really enjoying following your build, and creativity of fitting a family-friendly RTT on these short beds.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Great thread!

OEB0630

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Got Shrockworks front and rear diff skids put on. They’re a nice addition to the trail armor.
627D79F4-9C36-423E-9B70-8087BC159134.jpeg
E521F57A-22EC-4005-9CEF-E7098DC4D8E0.jpeg
Good day fine sir, and Happy New Year! Do you know if/when these will be available via their website?

For the front, did you use existing holes to mount? Or have to drill/use stick nuts?

Thanks again!

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good day fine sir, and Happy New Year! Do you know if/when these will be available via their website?

For the front, did you use existing holes to mount? Or have to drill/use stick nuts?

Thanks again!
They will have these list soon, any day. You do have to drill for the front but it’s just regular nuts.
9ACB1CED-19EF-44E0-9476-C83673CDE6B7.jpeg
CABFC51E-ECA4-48BD-B7F7-CB8E2ADFB647.jpeg
Sponsored