Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
We will only catch up if Sid quits driving. :LOL:
The last I heard on hi mile Ranger thread...there are a couple who are closing in on me fast...they're both over 50k ?
Sponsored

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Sid, after reviewing your build I am seriously impressed. It was like reading an exciting novel. I was on the edge of my seat for a while, then seriously depressed when you were banned, only to find overwhelming joy when you were re-instated...lol. No BS....awesome build! I'm into mine a ways and plan on posting my build during the holidays when I'm off and can upload all my pics. Love the trigger controller! I haven't done much lighting yet but I will once I get my hands on one of those. BTW...I'm gonna catch you on miles at some point. I'm at 29,900 at the 10 month mark...lol. Been mostly trouble free...only had an a/c dual air door modulator for the drivers side go out. Everything else is perfect! Love my Ranger!

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sid, after reviewing your build I am seriously impressed. It was like reading an exciting novel. I was on the edge of my seat for a while, then seriously depressed when you were banned, only to find overwhelming joy when you were re-instated...lol. No BS....awesome build! I'm into mine a ways and plan on posting my build during the holidays when I'm off and can upload all my pics. Love the trigger controller! I haven't done much lighting yet but I will once I get my hands on one of those. BTW...I'm gonna catch you on miles at some point. I'm at 29,900 at the 10 month mark...lol. Been mostly trouble free...only had an a/c dual air door modulator for the drivers side go out. Everything else is perfect! Love my Ranger!
Thanks Mark! Warms my heart to hear you find worth in my project. Why was I banned? Maybe someone will explain to me one day lol...

Love my Ranger too much and can't stop driving...well we'll see where the limit is...so far she's looking and running like the day I took possession ?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Mark! Warms my heart to hear you find worth in my project. Why was I banned? Maybe someone will explain to me one day lol...

Love my Ranger too much and can't stop driving...well we'll see where the limit is...so far she's looking and running like the day I took possession ?
Without trying be controversial at all, just maybe project some new found wisdom....I have come to realize over the last year or so that the 1st amendment does not apply to private anything. So now I'm good with that because I believe that you should be able to make the rules for your private business. It's my decision to be there and participate in that venue....if I don't like the rules I guess I can take my tail elsewhere, right?....Anyway, nothing else needs to be said....I'm glad your back so I can tap into your vast knowledge of the 19' Ford Ranger:clap:

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Sid
I'm not going to spend the money to do it, but I would love to bag my Ranger. I've already decided to go with performance tires when I need them. I may drop to a lower profile sidewall, just a tad. I'm putting 1.5" spacers on my stock wheels during the holidays to get a wider stance. Since we commute A LOT and don't get muddy too often, I'm looking to maintain/enhance quickness, handling, and overall road feel. I will soon finish the front suspension with the Eibach pro-truck adjustables and springs (rears already done). I believe I will keep a decent off-road capability just based on how she's handled with the stock tires off the pavement. Here is a link the tires I'm interested in....

https://www.amazon.com/Continental-Extreme-Contact-All-Season-Radial/dp/B00PUF8LEM

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
What's up with the awesome gauge setup on your iPad Sid? I was waiting for someone to ask you about it and I did not see that happen......
Is that part of a tuner you have? I take it's app based....nice look with the mount!

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What's up with the awesome gauge setup on your iPad Sid? I was waiting for someone to ask you about it and I did not see that happen......
Is that part of a tuner you have? I take it's app based....nice look with the mount!
Hi Mark...I did a brief take on the ipad display somewhere in my project thread...thanks for reminding me as I need to update that setup...following my "excess is best" philosophy, there's now two additional 4" monitors for cameras in front and under the Ranger...even a trooper would be impressed with my setup lol...I'll put up pics tomorrow ?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mark...I did a brief take on the ipad display somewhere in my project thread...thanks for reminding me as I need to update that setup...following my "excess is best" philosophy, there's now two additional 4" monitors for cameras in front and under the Ranger...even a trooper would be impressed with my setup lol...I'll put up pics tomorrow ?
One is none, two is one, ten is best. A man after my own heart.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here we go with updated interior shots...
iPad bluetooth to GoPro...

My phone usually sits in the left Ram mount but not when I'm using it to shoot pics...the right one is for wife's phone...
IMG_6829.JPG

Now it's connected to OBD Fusion app for Apple...this gauge set up is my custom design (which anyone can do)...
IMG_6837.JPG

IMG_6832.JPG

IMG_6834.JPG

The rigging supporting all this ?
IMG_6835.JPG

The center monitor is RF tied to a camera mounted the center cross beam right below me so I can see where the front tires are...the right monitor is mounted to the bumper so I can see what's in the blind spot between the hood and the ground...
IMG_6838.JPG

IMG_6840.JPG

The garage space is generous for two trucks on the double side but was a bit tough to get in having to hang my head out to see where the tires are...now I don't need to look out at all...I laid two yellow masking tape line to mark where my front tires should be and stop at the cross mark...so much fun ?

Of course the main purpose of these camera are for spotting my tires when off roading...they've been underwater and through under blast in car washes and show no sign of glitching...great deal...I've thought about mounting one more to face rear tires but am running out of room on my dash ??

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Now for updated exterior shots...new AVS bug shield and side shades...

If you look closely, I modified the ends of the bug shield compared to normal...which I didn't like...
IMG_6825.JPG

IMG_6827.JPG

IMG_6820.JPG
IMG_6822.JPG

IMG_6823.JPG

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Here we go with updated interior shots...
iPad bluetooth to GoPro...

My phone usually sits in the left Ram mount but not when I'm using it to shoot pics...the right one is for wife's phone...
IMG_6829.JPG

Now it's connected to OBD Fusion app for Apple...this gauge set up is my custom design (which anyone can do)...
IMG_6837.JPG

IMG_6832.JPG

IMG_6834.JPG

The rigging supporting all this ?
IMG_6835.JPG

The center monitor is RF tied to a camera mounted the center cross beam right below me so I can see where the front tires are...the right monitor is mounted to the bumper so I can see what's in the blind spot between the hood and the ground...
IMG_6838.JPG

IMG_6840.JPG

The garage space is generous for two trucks on the double side but was a bit tough to get in having to hang my head out to see where the tires are...now I don't need to look out at all...I laid two yellow masking tape line to mark where my front tires should be and stop at the cross mark...so much fun ?

Of course the main purpose of these camera are for spotting my tires when off roading...they've been underwater and through under blast in car washes and show no sign of glitching...great deal...I've thought about mounting one more to face rear tires but am running out of room on my dash ??
That is very KooL Sid. Unfortunately I would wreck a mile from my house. :crazy:

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing...looks like it could go for another 50k...I replaced them anyway...
IMG_6846.JPG

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Now for updated exterior shots...new AVS bug shield and side shades...

If you look closely, I modified the ends of the bug shield compared to normal...which I didn't like...
Looking good Sid, love the Enterprise # on the hood.
Sponsored