First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I almost got Tracks on my ATV last winter. I got talked out of it, but they seem awesome and that they could go almost anywhere.
Those were all city owned machines in my last post. This is one is ours. PM if you like to talk tracks. (actually called pods) What did they say to talk you out of them???

bossinsnow7.jpg
Sponsored

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Those were all city owned machines in my last post. This is one is ours. PM if you like to talk tracks. (actually called pods) What did they say to talk you out of them???

bossinsnow7.jpg
My ATV is a Honda 500 Foreman and maybe underpowered for the pods, but I was told they were tough on the ATV’s and would lessen the life of the ATV. As I use mine for work (plowing and hauling trees) and I am retired and need to make mine last as long as possible, I decided against it. They would have been great in the winter, but wasn’t sure how they would be on the slush on the lake, which can be a foot or more deep.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Here is photos taken while checking a NFS trail on Lake Ste Katheryn yesterday, which is just south of Sidnaw MI. Since the coivd infection rate had spiked, we stayed close to home for the holiday. In the bottom photo is us getting our camper and bring it home. Was that an alien space ship parked there?? :crackup:
P1070528.jpg

P1070505.jpg
P1070537.jpg

P1070515.jpg

P1070573.jpg

Last edited:

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
A few pics of the results of our first winter storm. 14" of wet and heavy.
20201201_bent tree snow.jpg
20201201_snow.jpg
20201201_tree snow.jpg
20201201_lilac tree. snowjpg.jpg

Luckily, just a few broken branches for me but plenty of downed trees and power lines around me.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
A few pics of the results of our first winter storm. 14" of wet and heavy.
20201201_bent tree snow.jpg
20201201_snow.jpg
20201201_tree snow.jpg
20201201_lilac tree. snowjpg.jpg

Luckily, just a few broken branches for me but plenty of downed trees and power lines around me.
Fire up the generator...

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Fire up the generator...
Fortunately we only lost power for a couple hours when I was at the office. My wife and daughter were home and said it got down to 62 in the house. I said that's about normal when I'm home.? I came home and it was turned up to 80 in case power went out again.
I swear, when its summer they want the house cooled to 70. In the winter they want the house at 80. :facepalm:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Fortunately we only lost power for a couple hours when I was at the office. My wife and daughter were home and said it got down to 62 in the house. I said that's about normal when I'm home.? I came home and it was turned up to 80 in case power went out again.
I swear, when its summer they want the house cooled to 70. In the winter they want the house at 80. :facepalm:
Wow that sounds uncomfortable...our HVAC is on auto so summer is 74 and winter is 71...

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi KJ,

Had a engineer that was in my department so angry (he was a hot head and a handful for one of my supervisors) that he drove a drywall screw through the round Honeywell thermostat in the battle of the house temperature. Not long after this incident he was served at work with divorce papers...then Ford HR came to me as he was terminated for theft as well. Ended up at Chrysler....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Hi KJ,

Had a engineer that was in my department so angry (he was a hot head and a handful for one of my supervisors) that he drove a drywall screw through the round Honeywell thermostat in the battle of the house temperature. Not long after this incident he was served at work with divorce papers...then Ford HR came to me as he was terminated for theft as well. Ended up at Chrysler....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hmmm, that may explain the last Chrysler I had. :rolleyes:
I put in a programable thermostat, took them a while to figure out how to 'hold' the temp. Maybe time to get a Nest.

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
just finished going through this thread......I must say there are some AWESOME pictures here !

I dont take many pictures but here are 2 showing my other vices......

hotrod at Pocono.jpg

11-19-20 A.JPG