SOLVED: Shimmer / slight lugging in rear when accelerating at low speed?

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I remember seeing a write up on the delivery of 2019 Rangers stating that all rangers come from the factory with over inflated tires and the dealers need to set them to the proper pressure during the PDI
Sponsored

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
I remember seeing a write up on the delivery of 2019 Rangers stating that all rangers come from the factory with over inflated tires and the dealers need to set them to the proper pressure during the PDI
As mentioned before, all Ford vehicles come from the factory with tires over-inflated for shipping, with the exception of the Super Duty trucks (they are under-inflated, probably because the suspensions are so stiff to begin with).

ALL dealership PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) personnel have a checklist of items that are to be looked over, INCLUDING properly adjusting tire pressure. It's a bit concerning that so many dealerships seem to not be following proper PDI requirements. Ford would not be too pleased to hear this, and would send in the regional reps to have discussions with dealership personnel if they were made aware of this situation.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Took delivery last night, tires showing 44PSI. Good to know that I can let some out.
-Chance

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Took delivery last night, tires showing 44PSI. Good to know that I can let some out.
-Chance
Check the door tag (all cars have them on the driver’s side) for the specific PSI for your truck.

DaPyrate

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 96, Ranger 19 and Focus 07
Wow I just checked the ford sync app and my tires are all showing 45+. I wondered why it was so stiff feeling while driving.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Tires were at 45 PSI on my test drive, still at 45 PSI after the PDI was supposedly done, and only having reminding them a 3rd time did they air down the tires... :headbang:
Make sure you check them again when they're cold, they'll most likely be too low then. :D

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I have that feeling too, low speed/slow acceleration has a sort of feeling like power is cutting in and out. I put in 89 octane fuel and now have about 400 miles on it and already the problem is going away. I'll check the tires in a bit and report back. I have a feeling they are over inflated.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have that feeling too, low speed/slow acceleration has a sort of feeling like power is cutting in and out. I put in 89 octane fuel and now have about 400 miles on it and already the problem is going away. I'll check the tires in a bit and report back. I have a feeling they are over inflated.
You can check the tire pressure on the dash, no need to whip out the tire pressure gauge.

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I hadn't connected FordPass yet so I had to go and start the truck to get it connected. 37 PSI cold all around, oof. How accurate have you guys found the built-in pressure sensors to be?

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Mine seems very accurate. When i took delivery i had to lower PSI to 30 all around. The tire pressure sensors showed the change within a pound.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hadn't connected FordPass yet so I had to go and start the truck to get it connected. 37 PSI cold all around, oof. How accurate have you guys found the built-in pressure sensors to be?
Spot on for me.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I picked up my Lariat a week ago and the tires were way over inflated, 45/46 on all 4 tires. Not sure why the dealership isn't checking for this before the deliver to the customer. I lowered mine back to 30 per the manual.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
The Driver Door Tag shows all 4 tires should be at 35. Factor sets a 45/46 as a default.
Mine states 30 PSI and that's what the dealer had them set at during their PDI.

IMG-5806.JPG
Sponsored