Turbo question for those that have driven it...

Alpinist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
How hard would that be ? Is it even feasible ?
Super easy once there's some aftermarket support. I think there would be quite the market for a hardpipe with a boost gauge fitting already plumbed.
Sponsored

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
In my Fiesta ST, there is a little sponge looking plug that you can remove from one of the hoses that will pretty much double the sound you hear coming into the cabin. Another easy way to increase the sound of the turbo is to remove the stock intake filter box or just cut off the resonance chamber from the bottom of it. When I had my 89 Probe GT, I removed the stock filter box and tubes going from the throttle body and added a 4" tube going along the fender and down by the fog light to pull cold air directly into a K&N cone filter attached right off the throttle body. I added shielding to protect the filter and keep it all cool. After that, it sounded like I was ready to take down the Supra from Fast and Furious. You could hear the turbo like a jet engine and the bypass valve would make a loud "pssst" every time I shifted or let off the throttle.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
The Focus and Fiesta ST had a physical tube that routed intake noise to a "drum" which amplified low frequency and pumped it physically into the cabin through the cowl. The Ranger and RS have this as electronics piped in through the speakers. Someone said you can pull fuse 27 on the RS and dump the fake noise, I have no idea what fuse it will be on the Ranger because I've not had mine yet for 24 hours and the noise is not as annoying as it was on the FoST.

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
Sounds like the old woman's focus but it was a whole lot faster.
Sponsored