Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Just upped the record for the most amount of LEDs to be mounted in one day on Msfitoy...another additional 200 @AzScorpion ?

Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question, did you set up a central box in the rear for your electrical needs back there?

I'm seriously considering making one to place on the middle of the rear bed wall just because its a PITA to have to tap into things or run fresh wiring towards front. If I set up a whole central box then all I have to do is run one solid power and ground line and then wire all my rear electrical components to that. That and I can isolate electrical troubleshooting by dividing my truck down middle (end goal is one central box for front and one for rear)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just upped the record for the most amount of LEDs to be mounted in one day on Msfitoy...another additional 200 @AzScorpion ?

:facepalm:

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question, did you set up a central box in the rear for your electrical needs back there?

I'm seriously considering making one to place on the middle of the rear bed wall just because its a PITA to have to tap into things or run fresh wiring towards front. If I set up a whole central box then all I have to do is run one solid power and ground line and then wire all my rear electrical components to that. That and I can isolate electrical troubleshooting by dividing my truck down middle (end goal is one central box for front and one for rear)
Hi Jack...this Christmas ornament light has it's own AA battery supply...but I'm guessing you're inquiring about the chase light...it's power is tied into the "park" line from the driver tail lamp and ground as well as the turn and brake...the chase strobe is operated by a remote control...the brakes are also tied into a pulse module to flash 4 rapid times before staying solid...hope that is clearer than mud ?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I understand, you just opted to tap existing lines.

Probably just my OCD but I have this compelling urge to just create a new control center for everything. I'm up to four pod style lights in back, but future plans will include a rear 37" emergency amber LED bar, bed strip lighting, and some discreet blue tooth speaks... and any other number of completely useless shit I want to add that requires electricity haha

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I understand, you just opted to tap existing lines.

Probably just my OCD but I have this compelling urge to just create a new control center for everything. I'm up to four pod style lights in back, but future plans will include a rear 37" emergency amber LED bar, bed strip lighting, and some discreet blue tooth speaks... and any other number of completely useless shit I want to add that requires electricity haha
All of the LED pods facing forward, sideways on bed side, rear and bottom rock lights are connected to the Trigger aux power supply and run +- forward to the that unit...

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Just when I thought you couldn't fit any more light on your truck....I should've know! ?
I'm not sure why you even doubted him. I mentioned him having 35 more lights by Christmas...I should have known he would put ACTUAL Christmas lights on his truck :crackup:

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Coast is clear, right?
IMG_6735.JPG

Whoa...what's this?
IMG_6740.JPG

WTF? Good thing the new camera works! ?
IMG_6742.JPG

Front rock camera set up and running...
IMG_6743.JPG

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Details?!? I've been considering getting a front camera for a while now.
Of course...I couldn't find any info on front camera at this or any other sites...factory version that hook into the head set was way to complex for my instant gratification lol...finally I found a review on a product for back up camera that was very positive and affordable so I gave it a shot...
71vKlPAVXVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q85L22L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wireless camera! Power to the cam is connected to the...what else? Park lamps...

It's claimed to be water proof and I think it could be easily mounted to the under carriage aimed at the front tire or rear...in my case I wanted to keep it above the water line that I'd be experiencing and see what's being blocked by the massive hood...

Camera can be set up for front or rear and in my case always on when my park lamp is on...works incredibly well day or night! I'm diggin this for a buck and change... ?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Of course...I couldn't find any info on front camera at this or any other sites...factory version that hook into the head set was way to complex for my instant gratification lol...finally I found a review on a product for back up camera that was very positive and affordable so I gave it a shot...
71vKlPAVXVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q85L22L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wireless camera! Power to the cam is connected to the...what else? Park lamps...

It's claimed to be water proof and I think it could be easily mounted to the under carriage aimed at the front tire or rear...in my case I wanted to keep it above the water line that I'd be experiencing and see what's being blocked by the massive hood...

Camera can be set up for front or rear and in my case always on when my park lamp is on...works incredibly well day or night! I'm diggin this for a buck and change... ?
Thanks! I've been considering one higher up, in the grille perhaps, so I have good sight lines when I'm solo. This may be the ticket.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm not sure why you even doubted him. I mentioned him having 35 more lights by Christmas...I should have known he would put ACTUAL Christmas lights on his truck :crackup:
I didn't but I was honestly thinking he'd put a whole Christmas tree on there. Oh crap, I just gave him another idea on how to add more lights. ?
Sponsored

Last edited: