Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
We decided to head to the Badlands on a whim this weekend! Only a 10hr drive from home, so not too bad. A little chilly and brisk here right now, but a beautiful sight to see everything covered in snow and ice. Quite a different perspective than the usual 80s, sweltering heat, and severe storms. Plus there's only a handful of other people in the park which is always a benefit, especially in this day in age.
Wow - that's looking a lot like winter! We're still waiting for the snow here in Southern Ontario. Looks like fun!
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

Wow - that's looking a lot like winter! We're still waiting for the snow here in Southern Ontario. Looks like fun!
It's definitely winter here and at home in Northern Minnesota too. We've already gotten over a foot of snow at home over the last couple weeks, and the cold temps and numerous snow storms in the future forecast says it's not going away anytime soon. So yeah, it's definitely winter already for some of us.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It's definitely winter here and at home in Northern Minnesota too. We've already gotten over a foot of snow at home over the last couple weeks, and the cold temps and numerous snow storms in the future forecast says it's not going away anytime soon. So yeah, it's definitely winter already for some of us.
I've been to Duluth, Bemidji, Thief River Falls, Alexandria - the entire state- driven through it all before the fishing huts had been pulled from the lakes - winter comes early your way and, man, it sure stays late. I grew up on the shore of Lake Huron, straight across from Tawas City, Michigan. I've seen my share of snow, so I know what you're in for. You've got the right truck for it. ?

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Is that Forrest Gump's shrimp boat?
I've got a few boat/tug/barge photos I'll try to locate. Fishing boats too and these are all located on the BIG lake (Superior) Thanks for posting these.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Here is a few taken this weekend while camping and working on NFS trails at Courtney Lake campground. As shown in these, no real snow here yet. The 1st photo shows that no one has been to the CG that morning. :) I'll post more later.

P1060982.jpg
P1060983.jpg
P1060991.jpg
P1060999.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a few taken this weekend while camping and working on NFS trails at Courtney Lake campground. As shown in these, no real snow here yet. The 1st photo shows that no one has been to the CG that morning. :) I'll post more later.
Fresh tracks! Nice to see a Ranger putting in a proper day's work. ???

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I got our weekend photos edited so here is a few more. This is clearing of NFS trails in the UP of MI over the weekend. Hope you like them!

P1070131.jpg

P1070093.jpg

P1070086.jpg

P1070084.jpg

P1070117.jpg

P1070114.jpg

P1070112.jpg
Great pics Arly, Always Love the pics of your best friend with you :like:

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Great pics Arly, Always Love the pics of your best friend with you :like:
Thanks Greg, We have our mutts with us most of the time but the older one is so arthritic, she can't go far anymore. The dogs do have there own blog here.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Greg, We have our mutts with us most of the time but the older one is so arthritic, she can't go far anymore. The dogs do have there own blog here.
My oh my I am just in Awe of your adventures. Thanks for sharing this blog :clap:

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I got our weekend photos edited so here is a few more. This is clearing of NFS trails in the UP of MI over the weekend. Hope you like them!

P1070086.jpg
What's with that last set of wheels? Do they come like that or is it an add-on?

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
What's with that last set of wheels? Do they come like that or is it an add-on?
They are built onto the machine. These are work machines and to add the little box to the rear and increase carrying capacity they do this and that. I'll add a couple more photos to give you an idea.
boss at work75.jpg
polesaw bossworks3.jpg
bossplows09.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So, I can't make this stuff up. I went to Wendy's the other day for lunch. They asked me my name for the order I told them Jim. This is what I got.

Screenshot_20201026-094640.png
These are the same ones who demand $15.00/hr. :facepalm:

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
trails maintenance
We got a bit of snow this morning which is funny, since NOAA had us in down as a 30% chance of scattered snow showers. We got abouit 5" and may have been lake effect. This will be gone in a day or two, so no big deal.

rangersnow0135.jpg
Sponsored