David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
HI Marty & Tracy,

I saw my first Saber in Green Valley on my way to the Quest Lab for my blood test. Guy driving saw me as he turned right and I got the left turn arrow to follow him. He saluted me with a thumbs up as I turned into to the Medical plaza. Saber is a truly stunning color... :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,
We factory-ordered our truck mainly because we wanted a SuperCab and they were hard to find on dealer lots back then, so since we had a choice of color we went with Saber. The funny part of the story is that when the truck arrived, it was the first Saber that any of them had seen at that dealer and they were all floored by it, and this was already July of 2019! They said they would start ordering some Sabers for their dealer stock.

My guess on the marketing issue is that among other things, marketing responds to color popularity based on dealer orders. Even if every Saber that comes in gets snapped up quickly; it may not matter if dealers don't order many; it might look like low demand to the factory. Colors like Saber might be considered risky by dealers in some markets, though we've gotten many positive comments on it. Orange may end up with a similar fate - my guess is that it's likely to be ordered more on Broncos than on Rangers, but we'll see...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We're starting to slack off again in the Saber club! ? Trail out to Torquerville Falls in Utah.

Here's the dirtiest you've ever seen my Ranger. Fear not I found a car wash on the way home. :giggle:

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2963.JPG

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
We're starting to slack off again in the Saber club! ? Trail out to Torquerville Falls in Utah.

Here's the dirtiest you've ever seen my Ranger. Fear not I found a car wash on the way home. :giggle:

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2963.JPG
Stunning pics Dave. That really is a beautiful part of our country. You said going home to hotel or back to Arizona.:like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Stunning pics Dave. That really is a beautiful part of our country. You said going home to hotel or back to Arizona.:like:
Thanks Greg....back to the hotel. Now that we're here we don't want to leave!

Scenery is amazing and the weather is perfect. I was going to wait a few days to wash it but there was dust/dirt packed everywhere it would scratch just breathing on it. lol

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Greg....back to the hotel. Now that we're here we don't want to leave!

Scenery is amazing and the weather is perfect. I was going to wait a few days to wash it but there was dust/dirt packed everywhere it would scratch just breathing on it. lol
Outstanding :like: Have Fun and Behave yourself :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Outstanding :like: Have Fun and Behave yourself :LOL:
I can't get into to much trouble my g/f here with me. She's already smacked me upside the head a few times trying to keep me in line. :giggle:

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2963.JPG
Best color on any Ford . No one can top it . Funny looks like we could make some paint pigment from the dirt in the pictures .