First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
where did you get the 3 amber lights on the grill?
I ordered the grille from Stage3 Motorsports. The 3 light insert was part of the options for the grille kit that you could add on as part of the Stage3 kit. You might be able to purchase them separately if you already have the grille and want to add them on, not entirely sure.
Sponsored

lanceriley

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Farmer
thanks... i have a ranger raptor grill... but no amber led

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Installed the rough country 6in LED light bars in the bumper and went ahead and painted the front plastic piece black as well while i had the bumper off. Waiting for the sun to set later to see how much light these bars throw out, but they definitely look really bright.

20201005_114147.jpg

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the rough country 6in LED light bars in the bumper and went ahead and painted the front plastic piece black as well while i had the bumper off. Waiting for the sun to set later to see how much light these bars throw out, but they definitely look really bright.

20201005_114147.jpg
How was the install?

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
How was the install?
The install was extremely straight forward. The instructions supplied are pretty great as well. I changed up the included wiring harness so it tapped into the fog lights for the signal to turn them on. That way the factory fog light switch turns on all the fog lights and the LED lights. This was the most difficult part as I overthought the whole think and over researched it, but in the end was way more simple than i thought. For the actual install, you do need to remove the bumper. When doing this, be careful to support the bracket that holds the studs for the bumper attachment point. The metal here seems extremely thin and flexes like crazy when you apply torque to the bolts. I just reach in behind the bumper with my free hand and supported the bracket when tightening and loosening.

MeatCutter

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Meat Cutter
First post. I bought my Ranger XLT Sport two months ago. Haven't made any mods other than adding a set of Weather Tech floor liners. Wanted to ask how to remove the Sport decals on the bed without damaging the finish. Any input will be greatly appreciated

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
First post. I bought my Ranger XLT Sport two months ago. Haven't made any mods other than adding a set of Weather Tech floor liners. Wanted to ask how to remove the Sport decals on the bed without damaging the finish. Any input will be greatly appreciated
The easiest way to do it is to get a hair dryer or a heat gun, and just heat it up. Move the heat source slowly back and forth across the decal, about 8 inches or so away for a few minutes. The idea is you are heating up the glue that holds on the sticker. If you are too hot, or too close, or hold the heat source steady for a long time you might melt the actual sticker. Nothing to worry about though. After a minute or two of heating the sticker, start to peel it slowly from a corner. Keep pulling it up with a nice steady pressure. If it looks the sticker is ripping, stop, get the heat source again and heat up the area that is still attached. Once the sticker is removed, grab a microfiber towel and some goof off (also called goo gone and a bunch of other names) and rub off the left behind residue.
Should take you no more than 10 minutes to do both sides.

thunders_truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 scab ranger XL 4x4, 2008 nissan 350Z
Occupation
civil engineer
I'm seeing this late but that dual exhaust, wow, looks freaking awesome. That really changes the look of the truck to look sportier. How long did that take you to install? Was it a relatively straightforward process?

thunders_truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 scab ranger XL 4x4, 2008 nissan 350Z
Occupation
civil engineer
A few updates for today. Installed the Truxedo Pro X15 bed cover. Simple install, in hindsight i should have waited to install the bed rug until after the bed cover, as i had to peel back some areas of the bedrug to screw in some brackets, but all in all in looks great. Love the fitment and the low profile look.

Also, picked up some inserts from CupHolderHero off amazon. They are only 20 bucks and i think it adds a little pop to the interior without being over done. The fitment is great on them and there are inserts for everything in the kit, cupholders, trays, door pockets, even the underseat storage. The only thing lacking is I wish it included an insert for the pocket on top of the dash.

20200914_101822.jpg

20200914_101942.jpg

20200914_113930.jpg

20200914_113937.jpg
Lol I immediately ordered my set from amazon after I saw this. Thanks for that.

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
I'm seeing this late but that dual exhaust, wow, looks freaking awesome. That really changes the look of the truck to look sportier. How long did that take you to install? Was it a relatively straightforward process?
A little slow with the replys. The exhaust is really simple to install. Its a direct bolt on. So no welding or anything. Took me about 2-3 hours to do, but a large portion of that time was fiddling with the alignment of the exhaust tips so that they were even in spacing from each other.

And yes, it totally changes the look of the truck. Love the way the dual exhaust looks. And sounds great too
Sponsored