Adding front camera to Ranger Raptor Sync display. For less than 30 Euro! Comment please.

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
I have thought of a practical sollution to add a front camera to my Ranger Raptor.
Have nearly all the parts, but just did not get to install them yet.
My sollution is also very install friendly IMO.

Please all just comment before I start installing it. And tell me if I am wrong, before taking things apart.

Parts;
- Cheap front camera with 12VDC supply and video out connector.
- 12VDC Video transmitter with video in connector.
- Both above to be installed in the grill. And power taken from day running lights so avoiding power drain when parked.

- Then in the truck bed lid;
- 12VDC receiver unit with video out.
- A 12VDC video channel selector. With 2 inputs being rear camera signal or wireless signal from front camera.
- Use the reverse light 12VDC signal to switch to rear camera. And front camera being default.
- Output signal from this switch feeds the signal to existing video cable to our Ford Sync system.
- Again all powered by hooking up to rear running lights.
- So maintly all connections in the rear. And easy accessible(?). Please comment.

So now I will get rear camera signal fed to SYNC system when selecting reverse gear.
And when leaving reverse, it will switch signal to front camera.
By setting the camera settings to delayed. The SYNC display will remain showing the video input for some 10 seconds or when speed is above a set speed.
Thereby showing the front camera signal on my SYNC enough time, and perfect during parking manouvers.

What do you all think of my creative idea?
Knowing that it is a non-available option for the Ranger Raptor. And I might have come up with a less than 30 Euro sollution?

Note their is a car in front of mine in the picture below.
So I wouldn't mind adding a camera.

20201001_150013.jpg
Sponsored