First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
What does STX imply? What makes it an STX?
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
What does STX imply? What makes it an STX?
@Obijack J.J. its a package that adds a few things to the base XL, i.e. 17" wheels, 4 way manual seats, flood lights, tow hooks. If you order the STX package you have to take the 101A package also that adds, cruise control, power mirrors, perimeter alarm & remote tailgate lock. It totals out at $2100, and some change.

You can check out the build & price page here

https://shop.ford.com/build/ranger/?intcmp=vhp-bb-bp#/config/Config[|Ford|Ranger|2020|1|1.|100A.R1E.....XL.RETAIL.RWD.99H.SAB.44U.]

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wh
@Obijack J.J. its a package that adds a few things to the base XL, i.e. 17" wheels, 4 way manual seats, flood lights, tow hooks. If you order the STX package you have to take the 101A package also that adds, cruise control, power mirrors, perimeter alarm & remote tailgate lock. It totals out at $2100, and some change.

You can check out the build & price page here

https://shop.ford.com/build/ranger/?intcmp=vhp-bb-bp#/config/Config[|Ford|Ranger|2020|1|1.|100A.R1E.....XL.RETAIL.RWD.99H.SAB.44U.]
What wanted 33 said.?

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@Blue Streak Beautiful truck Larry. I just saw this thread, so I a bit late to the game. I have a STX Super Cab in Lightning Blue ordered, and of course I'm impatiently waiting for it to arrive. I have a question about the bumpers as I didn't pay any attention to the texture of the paint on them. Can they be waxed like the rest of the truck?

Like all here I didn't need at truck with all the fancy do-dads on it as I have 2 other vehicles that have all the luxury stuff on them. I went in knowing the base XL would do all I need. Also, didn't need a 4 door as I have one of those already. I sat down with the B/P page, and built this truck a bunch of times to get it right. Here's what I finally came up with.

Super Cab in Lightning Blue
STX Package
101A
Co-Pilot
Spray in Liner
Rear window defrost
Carpet
Rear seat delete. (Strangely this is the thing that drew me to the XL instead of a un-optioned XLT. I wanted storage space inside the cab so I wouldn't feel the need for a bed cover.)
The texture on the steel bumper is a mate black finish. Can be waxed, I did. It just makes it shine a bit more.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XL STX FX4
Glad I found this thread, I'm very happy with the STX as it had everything i wanted and not too much extra (could have done without the carpet inside and running boards but I still saved a lot of $). Here's mine, a '19 STX FX4 that I drove 3 hours to get since all the dealers in my area only stocked XLT & Lariats. In retrospect, it was totally worth it!
20200922_153106.jpg

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Glad I found this thread, I'm very happy with the STX as it had everything i wanted and not too much extra (could have done without the carpet inside and running boards but I still saved a lot of $). Here's mine, a '19 STX FX4 that I drove 3 hours to get since all the dealers in my area only stocked XLT & Lariats. In retrospect, it was totally worth it!
20200922_153106.jpg
20200922_153106.jpg
Yeah it is well worth it , STX .

jswing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4x4 STX Supercab
Very happy with my STX. I got the supercab because the extra bed length was more important to me than the back seat. I've added nerf bars and linex, and that's it so far.

20200925_160027_HDR_(1)_(1).jpg

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Glad I found this thread, I'm very happy with the STX as it had everything i wanted and not too much extra (could have done without the carpet inside and running boards but I still saved a lot of $). Here's mine, a '19 STX FX4 that I drove 3 hours to get since all the dealers in my area only stocked XLT & Lariats. In retrospect, it was totally worth it
2019 STX. It's been a great work truck.
Very happy with my STX. I got the supercab because the extra bed length was more important to me than the back seat. I've added nerf bars and linex, and that's it so far.
Welcome to the forum guys. Nice looking trucks. Now, if only Ford would build mine I'd be happy happy happy. :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The texture on the steel bumper is a mate black finish. Can be waxed, I did. It just makes it shine a bit more.
Thanks Larry. I so into ordering the truck I didn't pay attention to those fine details.
Sponsored