Dealer stock?

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I've been all around my county (Broward county in south Florida) and visited 5 Ford dealers only to find 4 Rangers in stock. They are either sold or dealers don't want to sell them because they've tacked on premium price. One dealer in particular had a loaded Lariat and added a $10,000 premium on top of the MSRP... TEN GRAND!!! I actually asked the salesman if the dealer was insane and walked out. All the others aren't budging $1.00 on these.

My question is does anyone know when we can expect to see decent dealer stocks of the trucks. I'm definitely getting one but waiting for incentives. I don't believe there will be any incentives until there is a saturation of them at the dealers.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
With the 19 ranger being late to the game I’d say they won’t be much rebates or incentives until summer .. it’ll depend completely on how many are bought vs being able to be built

OP
OP
FX4Offroad

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
With the 19 ranger being late to the game I’d say they won’t be much rebates or incentives until summer .. it’ll depend completely on how many are bought vs being able to be built
Not what I wanted to hear but you're probably right.

OP
OP
FX4Offroad

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
You’re only option is to custom order and negotiate the price on that.
I built one at a dealer and wanted to order but they wouldn't negotiate. They said that I'd get whatever incentives they had at delivery.

I see my choices as waiting until they want to deal or get one elsewhere.

So frustrating.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I built one at a dealer and wanted to order but they wouldn't negotiate. They said that I'd get whatever incentives they had at delivery.

I see my choices as waiting until they want to deal or get one elsewhere.

So frustrating.
Try to get Ford X Plan, Costco Auto Buying Service or Sam’s Club Auto. These are all discount car buying services.

OP
OP
FX4Offroad

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Try to get Ford X Plan, Costco Auto Buying Service or Sam’s Club Auto. These are all discount car buying services.
Do you have a ballpark estimate as to the discounts the clubs offer? I don't believe I qualify for the X plan.

smlford

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 SRW, CC diesel, Ranger, 2.3l gas, Porsche 986S
I think we’ll have to wait a few months...maybe August/September before we start seeing average dealers start to discount.

Remember this is a new vehicle and the ‘BUZZ’ around this truck is pretty loud so we’ll just have to wait until the dealers each have a couple dozen on their lots and are willing to wiggle with the price.

I know that my local dealers seem to think their stuff is made of gold and charge like that. I have bought a dozen cars in the last 15 years or so and never have an issue going out of town to save several thousand dollars...

As an example I wanted to buy a Grand Cherokee a few years ago and their is a large dealer in Northern VA that prices their vehicle to move. I was able to get about 12% off msrp. When I told my local dealer what I could buy it for and asked him if they wanted to match it they told me that that particular dealer was known for screwing people and that it not what I would actually pay. He actually was a prick about it....anyway, I did buy the car and when I brought the truck back to the original dealer for factory service I saw the sales guy and showed him the contract....

Remember you are buying a commodity and there is always another dealer....

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
$10 GRAND OVER MSRP IS INSANE

It's all the law of supply and demand. Right now, X-Plan, Costco, Sam's etc. is probably as good as it gets.

Each dealer in Ford's primary target areas (both coasts and up the middle of the US) have 1 or few right now.

They are building 100"s per day now in Wayne, Michigan. Once that supply hits the dealers, the prices will likely settle down a bit. If you can wait, later in the year will probably see more incentives.

OP
OP
FX4Offroad

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Rangerdanger and One Ranger- thanks to you both for the advice.

I will most likely wait untill the end of the year and see what the 2020's look like regarding the few little things Ford should change/add.

Power rear window
Possible 6' bed for the Crew Cab
A "real" flat-fold rear seat back

If they change, great. If not, no big deal.

Thanks again guys for your input.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a ballpark estimate as to the discounts the clubs offer? I don't believe I qualify for the X plan.
I compared the Costco price to the X Plan price and they are almost the same - on a Lariat build the XPlan was like $89 less and on an XLT build the Costco price was like $69 less than XPlan. So very comparable to Xplan.

JoshE

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
I also suggest looking at Autotrader. I’ve already seen $4,000 off MSRP on a Lariat and $3,500 off MSRP on an XLT in the Midwest. My local dealer in Southcentral Pennsylvania said that they’ll do $1,200 off an XLT or Lariat right now.

I believe these trucks are substantially overpriced on the optioned models. I’m suspecting that by mid to late 2019 there will be $6,500-$10,000 off MSRP on optioned XLT and Lariats.

The salesman on my test drive tried giving me the: “these are rare” “they aren’t going to make many of these like the F-150” “they are going to hold their value so there’s not going to be incentives like F-150” “Ford’s telling us to take orders because there’s not going to much dealer stock on these into at least 2020” “better get your order in now if you want to get one in 6 months.” I just laughed at him.

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
You won’t see big discounts on rangers like you do F-150, you might see 3-4K but that’ll be about it .. you have to remember ford won’t cannibalize F-150 sales and selling rangers extremely cheap with little profit margin will hurt the cash cow of the F-150

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
You won’t see big discounts on rangers like you do F-150, you might see 3-4K but that’ll be about it .. you have to remember ford won’t cannibalize F-150 sales and selling rangers extremely cheap with little profit margin will hurt the cash cow of the F-150
Probably not F-150 levels of discounts but 10% off will likely be the minimum average discount. We may even see some special deals with 15% to 20% off.

This doesn't reflect on the Ranger at all. This is just how trucks are sold.
Sponsored