Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to see you back along with all the updates! Just curious, would those flares/brackets be removable if you ever wanted them off or is the mounting system meant to be permanent?
Thanks for the welcome and yes, I believe the stud's adhesive (a special variant similar to 3M VHB tape but designed to adhere to ceramic coating) can be persuaded to come off with care...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nice build! Truck looks like a beast.
On your windshield banner, does it interfere with the sensor? I would assume it doesn't. How far down does it go?
Thank you! The banner is a matte black Orcal vinyl and I really needed that to keep the sun out of my eyes since there's very little way of visor tint up there. It stops short of the sensor so it doesn't interfere at all. It does get in the way occasionally to see up at stop lights but I have a roll of head lamp tint that I might try out later...

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! The banner is a matte black Orcal vinyl and I really needed that to keep the sun out of my eyes since there's very little way of visor tint up there. It stops short of the sensor so it doesn't interfere at all. It does get in the way occasionally to see up at stop lights but I have a roll of head lamp tint that I might try out later...
My local tint guy has computer templates for most windows that he uses with a massive tint plotter cutter. He did my front windshield and other windows, no prob and it doesn't interfere at all.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello my friends! Thanks everyone for your support in resurrecting Msfitoy from the ether...I very much appreciate and missed you all...trust me, the ether is lonely but I still have my Ranger and that kept me in spirit inspite of not being able to communicate with ya'll...kinda creepy right?...now I know what it's like to be in the next world lol...ya, I've been watching ya'll?

Just to let you know, I've made progress and have my RTT installed for a whiles now...stay tuned and I'll get caught up with the pics tomorrow...
Welcome back, Sid!

Now show us all the new lights you've installed...

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really good Sid. But man that's one heck of a fall if you forget you're up there and go for that 2am bathroom break. :ontheloo:
Tent porch and ladder are dampered just enough for navel scratching yawn before reaching ground floor. :wink:

and welcome back Sid!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My local tint guy has computer templates for most windows that he uses with a massive tint plotter cutter. He did my front windshield and other windows, no prob and it doesn't interfere at all.
Hey John...is your visor tint on the inside? I thought about that but was told that the dot matrix wouldn't allow the tint to stay attached very well...

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome back, Sid!

Now show us all the new lights you've installed...
Tent porch and ladder are dampered just enough for navel scratching yawn before reaching ground floor. :wink:

and welcome back Sid!
Not a Trekkie, more of a Lucas Hound, but mad props!! I saw the decal and instantly told my wife about it...VERY nice work!

received_416025652662304.jpeg
Thanks everyone...believe it or not, in all that time, I only added ONE new pair?
These 8" LED were mounted inside the grill as DRL safety lights...can you believe some people still just pull out right in front of me as if I was invisible?

IMG_6582.JPG

IMG_6568.JPG

Oh if they can't see me...then they WILL hear me...100 watt PA/cop horn...centered between the four spots:p
IMG_6567.JPG

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks everyone...believe it or not, in all that time, I only added ONE new pair?
These 8" LED were mounted inside the grill as DRL safety lights...can you believe some people still just pull out right in front of me as if I was invisible?

IMG_6582.JPG

IMG_6568.JPG

Oh if they can't see me...then they WILL hear me...100 watt PA/cop horn...centered between the four spots:p
IMG_6567.JPG
I can only imagine what's being yelled from that PA. :giggle:

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I can only imagine what's being yelled from that PA. :giggle:
LOL...I'm actually pretty restrained...down here in NC, people are polite and rarely honk...me neither...honest...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
LOL...I'm actually pretty restrained...down here in NC, people are polite and rarely honk...me neither...honest...
Lol...I believe you. Southerners are so much more friendly than people out here. I would get into so much trouble with that here. lol People here drive like complete idiots and have no regard for anyone but themselves. You might as well just toss out speed limit signs, blinkers and common courtesy because it seems like once they arrive here all are lost.

Last edited:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
People out here don't even honk when they should! People sitting on their phones during green lights, merging like you're not there, etc. I don't honk often but I still feel like an out of place New Yorker compared to most people here.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey John...is your visor tint on the inside? I thought about that but was told that the dot matrix wouldn't allow the tint to stay attached very well...
Inside.... but let me double check if its on top of the dots and get back to you.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Sid, can you take a pic of your positive terminal of your battery? I want to see how you have everything wired up.
Sponsored