XLT Mirror turning indicators?

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
On the Ford site it said the XLT can come with turning indicators in the mirrors, I think on the 302A package. Yet I have yet to see any with them. Only Lariat's. I'm guessing it didn't make it like the driver A pillar grab handle.:(
Sponsored

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I noticed the same thing. I wonder how difficult it would be to add them...

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
You'd think that it would almost be a standard feature on any car. It doesn't really cost that much to add a light to a mirror and it'd be extra safety.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
If you can believe the build and price tool, it looks like they get added if you add the 301A package for the XLT. But even the image doesn't show the turn signal indicators:
XLTMirrors.png

rangerdrive

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Aren't they LED arrows < > embedded in the mirror?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT, 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
If you can believe the build and price tool, it looks like they get added if you add the 301A package for the XLT. But even the image doesn't show the turn signal indicators:
XLTMirrors.png
Disappointing, I haven't seen them on any XLT 302A either so probably not going to be. It not a deal breaker by any means, but if it says it's in the package it should be in the package!! Come on Ford!!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Disappointing, I haven't seen them on any XLT 302A either so probably not going to be. It not a deal breaker by any means, but if it says it's in the package it should be in the package!! Come on Ford!!
I looked at the order guide (I think that is what it is called) and that showed that the mirrors are power but manual folding standard, and the 301a or 302a packages would only add power folding (not headed, turn signals or approach lights). So it appears there is a lot of conflicting info out there. I'm guessing the order guide is probably correct.

RangerMirrorOption.png

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
Thanks RedlandRanger, looks like the build price tool web site is incorrect probably just for the lariat versions.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks RedlandRanger, looks like the build price tool web site is incorrect probably just for the lariat versions.
It sounds like a stupid thing, but the turn signals in the mirrors and heated mirrors was a big deal for me. One of the reasons I opted for a Lariat over XLT. The approach lights sound stupid too, but we had them on a 2004 Explorer and once we had them, they were really nice. I'm looking forward to having them again. Its funny how little features like that become "needed".

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
Not stupid at all RedlandRanger. The only reasons I went with XLT was the stuff on the lariat(led lights in front,leather interior, I prefer cloth and the heated mirrors that you listed) wasn't a must have to me, and I like the look of the grill on the xlt more than the lariat. I did want the push button start but not a must have to me.

By doing that I was able to load up the XLT with the options I really wanted for 33K.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not stupid at all RedlandRanger. The only reasons I went with XLT was the stuff on the lariat(led lights in front,leather interior, I prefer cloth and the heated mirrors that you listed) wasn't a must have to me, and I like the look of the grill on the xlt more than the lariat. I did want the push button start but not a must have to me.

By doing that I was able to load up the XLT with the options I really wanted for 33K.
After sitting in that XLT here in Portland I started second guessing my choice. It was REALLY nice. But I'm sure I will be happy - I'm getting a pretty loaded Lariat - probably too many doodads, but what the heck - I will have this truck for quite some time. :crackup: If you were able to get some of the stuff on an XLT that you can get on the Lariat (heated/turn signal mirrors, nice sound system, LED lights, etc), I probably would have opted for an XLT. I'm sure they structure it that way to try and upsell you to a higher trim level, though.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed the turn signal bulbs are at the inboard location of the headlight lenses. For the ones driving them now, are there any indication when changing lanes viewed from the side. It looks like the XLT won't have any on the mirrors.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Maybe the side markers located on the wheel well trim?
Sponsored