Front Bumper LED? Lights

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Looking at the Air Design Ranger at the SEMA Show, I noticed lights in the bumper, I will be getting them as soon as I find out where from. Anyone seen this before and interested as well? I e-mailed Air Design and waiting on an answer, They're from Oceanside which is great because a couple of my family members work there and I visit often. I attached pics so you can see what I am referring too.

INked2.jpg

InkedRanger_LI.jpg
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the Air Design Ranger at the SEMA Show, I noticed lights in the bumper, I will be getting them as soon as I find out where from. Anyone seen this before and interested as well? I e-mailed Air Design and waiting on an answer, They're from Oceanside which is great because a couple of my family members work there and I visit often. I attached pics so you can see what I am referring too.

INked2.jpg

InkedRanger_LI.jpg
It doesn’t appear to have made it to the final concept. We will have to see what they say.

a33a9347-jpg.jpg

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Something tells me those holes are there for a reason, maybe airflow for cooling? Until we have a closer look I'd be hesitant to plug them up. That said, I do like the idea.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Something tells me those holes are there for a reason, maybe airflow for cooling? Until we have a closer look I'd be hesitant to plug them up. That said, I do like the idea.
I was thinking the same thing. I don't think they would be there for no reason.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Taking a closer look at them, it would seem that they are plugged on every area except the inside edge, where there's about a 1'' square hole leading to the radiator. I wouldn't be overly concerned about covering that area up unless you're planning on doing Davis Dam towing at 7500lbs.

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
Looks like they were moved to the bottom near the skid plate

nUPlzp9.jpg

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
I think I saw a video somewhere where a Ford engineer was talking about the Ranger and he mentioned how there were integrated air dams on the bumper to move air around the truck for aerodynamics similar to the new Silverado but less ugly (not the actual phrase used).

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I think I saw a video somewhere where a Ford engineer was talking about the Ranger and he mentioned how there were integrated air dams on the bumper to move air around the truck for aerodynamics similar to the new Silverado but less ugly (not the actual phrase used).
I think that's the idea. They definitely direct toward the outside of the truck. There are also one on each side by the fog lights.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
If that is the case, then they may have had to move the led lights so it wouldn't interfere with something that had a purpose. That would make sense why the final product has them integrated into the lower part of the bumper. The nice thing about leds is how easily you can install them just about anywhere

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

INked2.jpg

InkedRanger_LI.jpg
This was only a rendering not actually built.
Sponsored