Body Mods

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
ADD has accounted for the front parking sensors and added spots for them across their bumper line. For the AEB and Cruise Control, I believe that's all handled up top behind the rear view mirror.

EDIT: Scratch that, there is a radar sensor in the bumper apparently - from the owner's manual:
kch5sqO.png
That lower sensor is the one I was referring to. I ordered the technology package specifically for that feature, not the navigation (available thru Apple CarPlay). I wouldn't want a mod to be blocking it. I'm sure the aftermarket engineers will design around it, just wondering what they'll end up doing. The LED light bar would be a nice addition although I have no idea why I'd really need it other than looks.
Sponsored

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
That lower sensor is the one I was referring to. I ordered the technology package specifically for that feature, not the navigation (available thru Apple CarPlay). I wouldn't want a mod to be blocking it. I'm sure the aftermarket engineers will design around it, just wondering what they'll end up doing. The LED light bar would be a nice addition although I have no idea why I'd really need it other than looks.
They're selling an Adaptive Cruise Control relocation bracket that moves it up behind the upper grill.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
They're selling an Adaptive Cruise Control relocation bracket that moves it up behind the upper grill.
Not sure about the Ranger, but I know in the Tundra forums there are lots of conversations about the front radar. Apparently with Toyota, if you get tires that are too tall or lift your truck or move the sensor anywhere it causes the whole system to go wacky.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about the Ranger, but I know in the Tundra forums there are lots of conversations about the front radar. Apparently with Toyota, if you get tires that are too tall or lift your truck or move the sensor anywhere it causes the whole system to go wacky.
It wouldn't surprise me if the system needed to be re-calibrated after being moved. I read something somewhere (can't remember where) about someone messing up one of these "radar/camera" systems after getting their windshield replaced. It needed to be re-calibrated in order for it to work after the windshield was replaced. I think it is kind of like the traction control systems - things are so sensitive with the computer control that "good enough" isn't good enough for the computer(s). It is one of the drawbacks of all the technology I think.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The windshield camera is used for lane keeping and if the windshield is replaced the lane keeping system did need to be recalibrated (it happened in my 2016 Fusion). Not sure about the Radar system but with "pedestrian detection" it would not surprise me if it was sensitive to its mounting location.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
So what you are telling me is that if you get your windshield replaced without recalibrating the sensor, your Ranger will go full Christine and start mowing down pedestrians? That explains what happens with all those Mustangs during cars and coffee meets.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So what you are telling me is that if you get your windshield replaced without recalibrating the sensor, your Ranger will go full Christine and start mowing down pedestrians? That explains what happens with all those Mustangs during cars and coffee meets.
Lol....no, not quite. After my windshield was replaced the system still worked but I think they need to ensure that where it thinks you are is actually where you are. I don't recall the details anymore but the replacement windshield was all set up for it and there was really no way to install the sensor incorrectly.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone asked their dealer about order any of the exterior accessories in the brochure?

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone asked their dealer about order any of the exterior accessories in the brochure?
tried to order factory folding hard cover for 6' bed, not avail yet.

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
Good find. But I'm torn if I should put them on or not. What does popular opinion say on fender flares?
I think they look really good on this truck especially if you plan on going with bigger/wider tires. I plan on getting mine color-matched.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Good find. But I'm torn if I should put them on or not. What does popular opinion say on fender flares?
I'm old school and don't care for the look. To each their own...

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say it needs bigger tires for sure.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Judging by that photo, I would absolutely say that you need bigger tires to put them on. But the bigger tires also need a lift kit. So go ahead and spend that money and get it all installed and share the pictures so we can all see what it looks like!
Sponsored