First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Limited 2.0 BiTurbo
Occupation
Mechanic
Nice looking rig! I like how you cleaned up the external lighting. Looks like a serious and tough work truck!
Thank you very much, i like it more and more every day :D

Today i ordered a FORScan adaptor and bought a licence, exited to do some minor mods with that ?

My ram mounts was also sent today and i hope to have them by the end of the week ??
Sponsored

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
Hello!

I am new to the forum, but i have read alot of threads allready and like the forum very much.
I decided to start a thread here to maybe get som tips along the way.

I am from Norway, an work as a mechanic at a rental company. We are a small business with 2 people, and we have around 80 machines, MEWPs, forklifts, telehandlers, excavators (but mostly american Genie lifts)

Here i have flipped the bracket for the front light and mounted it further back. Had to remove 3-4cm (1,5") from the bracket to make it fit, but i am really pleased by the difference.

2020-07-02 15.59.04.jpg

2020-07-02 15.59.00.jpg

You can see my old car in the background.

Inside i have no backseats, in Norway it costs way more in taxes to add seats than just have 2 seat i pickups / vans / suvs for working.
Passengercars with more seats have white numberplates, but the ones with only two seats have green as you can see.

That is all i have now, willl post more soon :) Let me know what you think, and please feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Hey there!

You have any "extra" Norway license plates you want to trade for USA license plates or maybe sell to me?

Let me know....

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Hey there!

You have any "extra" Norway license plates you want to trade for USA license plates or maybe sell to me?

Let me know....
I dont have any laying around now, but if i stumble across some, ill keep you in mind! ?

Brisko_Michigan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
USG
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great. I've been looking for solutions for a floorboard when I remove my backseat in my crew cab. Is that rear floor board something you created or purchased?
The rear seat delete on a crew cab also caught my eye. Two dogs and a lot of travel kit make losing the back seats in lieu of a platform attractive. Unfortunately Lafitino's option is a bit far afoot.

During brief, positive, exchange with the nice folks at Goose Gear they indicated that a Ranger option was in the hopper before COVID-19 halted progress; they asked if I was in SoCal. I'm hoping something comes through in the coming year. https://www.goose-gear.com

As a possible makeshift resolution I'm talking with a buddy who is a designer for GM and he's keen to CAD something up, but my wood and metal working skills are likely to result in a platform made of more duct tape than spot welds.

In the interim if anyone hears of a good, finished look, option please shout.

Last edited:

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
IMG_20200716_113034.jpg

Recieved a big case of Ram Mounts in the mail on friday, and a FORScan adapter ? have been real busy at work the last few days, so i havent been able to Mount anything yet. Will post pictures soon.

In the mean time, i snapped a cool picture in a cave on friday. A lift was acting up. Really cool place, they are assembling a 210Tonne (metric, 420000lbs) crane in a waterpowered powerplant. 20-25m (82ft) span and 40m (125ft) tall.

IMG_20200717_145816.jpg

The caveopening on the left is one of two, The other is behind the lift. Man it is some dimentions!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20200716_113034.jpg

Recieved a big case of Ram Mounts in the mail on friday, and a FORScan adapter ? have been real busy at work the last few days, so i havent been able to Mount anything yet. Will post pictures soon.

In the mean time, i snapped a cool picture in a cave on friday. A lift was acting up. Really cool place, they are assembling a 210Tonne (metric, 420000lbs) crane in a waterpowered powerplant. 20-25m (82ft) span and 40m (125ft) tall.

IMG_20200717_145816.jpg

The caveopening on the left is one of two, The other is behind the lift. Man it is some dimentions!
That is cool!

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Some small things done today:

Found this cheap usb-port meant for boats at a store this week, figured it could fit just fine with some mods:

2020-07-15 07.10.52.jpg

Cut off the front bezel:
2020-07-17 07.06.22.jpg

Removed the terminals and soldered wires directly on the PCB.

2020-07-17 07.23.07.jpg

Glued the bezel in from the topside, and the PCB on the bottom:

2020-07-17 08.23.31.jpg

Added the Ram Mount 3" t-slot mount in the tray, with 2 t-nutballs:

2020-07-19 21.01.02.jpg

The pad was sticking out quite a bit and was really all to wiggly, so i had to get a suctioncup to stiffen it up. Made a quick and dirty plate with 2 balls to the pad-holder.

2020-07-19 21.45.25.jpg

Here from the drivers view: ( You can see i also have played a little with FORScan :D)

2020-07-19 21.53.43.jpg

The rear:

'
2020-07-19 21.57.00.jpg

As for the forscan mods:

- Disabled the hopeless double honk
- Changed the splash screen (but changed it back again)
- Added the disable auto stop/start option in the menu
- Was going to add bambi lights, but it was already enabled ( probably stock on euro models?)
- Enabled the remember foglight-state
- Disabled blue welckome/goodbye screen

Pretty sure i made some other mods to, but cant remember right now.

Would like to have the foglights enabled with DRL, but cant find a setting for it, anybody know?

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Love that rear seat removal option and what you did what that work area.

NMBruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
Love hearing about truck around the world

todorakiggg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 biturbo
IMG_20200711_165445.jpg

Got my bug deflector friday, Got it mounted today :) i think it looks good :D
Nice looking truck. Quite like your build.
Can you tell me where did you get the bug deflector from?
Is it working as advertised?

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Love that rear seat removal option and what you did what that work area.
Thanks :) I am not finished yet, will post pictures when i get the time to make some shelves there.

Love hearing about truck around the world
Yes me too :)

Nice looking truck. Quite like your build.
Can you tell me where did you get the bug deflector from?
Is it working as advertised?
Thank you very much. The bug deflector was delivered by the dealer, the make is EGR.
I get some bugs on the windshield, but i havent drived alot without it so i really cant say if it works well or not. I primarily got it because of the looks :)

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
Awesome set up brother. Could you take a side shot of your truck?

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Long time since ive been in here, but i havent changed much but the lights. The light from the ledbar originally mounted was a bit too narrow, so i changed it for another brand. Lyzzpro.

Added a 32" (instead of 20") lightbar that was alot better, but still a little narrow. I then purchased another type, same brand and size, and was going to change it but discovered that it was just as easy to add it on the top using some homemade brackets on the sides.

The light was much better, but then they had a sale on the small type (6" i think) so i got another 4 of those to mount, pointed more outwards.

We have a lot of moose, reindeer, deer and other animals around here, and they are not funny to run into or be surprised by.

I mounted one set under the radiator in the opening there, and one set on the warninglights on the roof. Now i am happy with the lights in the wintertime :sunglasses:

2020-11-23 22.47.41.jpg

2021-04-29 15.02.25.jpg
Sponsored